For Hoggles....

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Hoggles

Just a sample.... Many, many more to come...

PS: that is authentic Markneukirchen dust on the headstock ;)

DSC-2641-small.jpg

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!! @Hector You rock!

"Holy Dust"

I don't recall seeing a dash in a serial before.

It might be a "ding" in the headstock... some of the vintage ones had been played... I was only able to get the photos of the ones in the glass cabinet on the left side (time constraints, and did not want to over-stay our welcome... I'll write more about this later)

The lighting in the showroom is not great for photography (very dramatic / spotlights), so the photos will likely not be of "excellent" quality.. but I tried as best I could with the materials at hand.

Last edited:

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Anything at all is much appreciated. Hopefully not just by me, but all Warwick fanatics :) Thanks again!

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
My pleasure! It was fun, actually! I love photography, and love photographing guitars and basses.

In any case, this was only possible by the kind and generous efforts of one of the Warwick / Framus employees who kindly let is take out each instrument and photograph them... Without her, none of the photos would have been possible.

I am only worried that someone in China will use the serials and photos to make fakes like they do of so many high-priced guitars...

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
My pleasure! It was fun, actually! I love photography, and love photographing guitars and basses.

In any case, this was only possible by the kind and generous efforts of one of the Warwick / Framus employees who kindly let is take out each instrument and photograph them... Without her, none of the photos would have been possible.

I am only worried that someone in China will use the serials and photos to make fakes like they do of so many high-priced guitars...

Very, incredibly, wonderfully nice of that employee. Nah, I wouldn't worry about reproductions of vintage stuff, or that would have been attempted long ago with all the old ones in this forum.

And by old ones, I mean people and Warwicks. :D

Plus, it would be quite a feat to recreate cracked necks/headstocks :rolleyes::p

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Very cool, Henry. I just hope that one day they start the camp again, so some of us have the same opportunity. Dave looks good with the old bird.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Totally. Just imagine the fortune HP could have made it he would have kept some soil/timber pieces from the original factory. W freaks like us would pay good money for that "crap" :p:cool::D

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
What? Great! It´s Right that they don´t produce Buzzards on stock but only on request. Waiting for them appearing in the CS gallery!

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an update, I have asked Florin if there is a place I can upload the 200+ photos to make a permanent archive as I do not trust online photo sites. Will post the photos when I can :)

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Please, feel free to add. The more the merrier. Thanks for the pics, Henry! Fantastic!

My original hope was to get some serials of the oldest ones in the showroom. For history sake. Again, can't have too many pictures of the basses in that room. Anyone else have some, please post 'em :)

Looking forward to, Hector's.

Top Bottom