Thumb Bolt On 5

Reaction score
Hello All,

Are the Thumbs mids naturally Hi or Low?

Thanks

Shaun

Reaction score
Oh, ok. So Thumb mids are in the higher frequency. I just purchased a ‘99 Bolt On 5.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Oh, ok. So Thumb mids are in the higher frequency. I just purchased a ‘99 Bolt On 5.

I thought you meant high or low volume. I would say low-ish then. But why do you ask? You 'll have the bass in your hands soon enough, get all the answers you need.

Reaction score
I thought you meant high or low volume. I would say low-ish then. But why do you ask? You 'll have the bass in your hands soon enough, get all the answers you need.

I was wondering what frequency does the Thumb mids usually sit? What frequency?

Thanks

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
How do most folks EQ there Thumb using the on board Pre as well as the Amp?

It's hard to answer really. But why is this question important to you?

Reaction score
It's hard to answer really. But why is this question important to you?

I was just curious how some people EQ their Thumb for different music styles. I know the Thumb can be versatile if EQ’d right.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I was just curious how some people EQ their Thumb for different music styles. I know the Thumb can be versatile if EQ’d right.

When is your bass arriving?

Reaction score
When is your bass arriving?

I actually just used it live today for the first time. She sounded as awesome as a Thumb could. I know the Thumb will stand out at seconds notice if you dig in which is great to cut through. My sound engineer told me that my bass cuts through the mix like a hot knife through butter.

I’m trying to figure out how to mellow her out for slower softer songs. Something big a warm. I was trying to cut the treble on the bass and play closer to the neck.

Any suggestions?

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I’m trying to figure out how to mellow her out for slower softer songs. Something big a warm. I was trying to cut the treble on the bass and play closer to the neck.

That's a pretty good strategy although I am not sure how much you can achieve "big" using that alone. Obvious things to try for tonal changes is the eq bands on your amp or some compression. Perhaps some chorus too, to get the bigger more mellow tone you 're after. I'm sure other forumers will have some ideas as well. My advice is experiment anyway you can, you 'll find the answers to your questions yourself. It's also part of the fun of owning a bass, discovering what it can do. Enjoy the instrument.

golem

Philosopher King
Reaction score
I was wondering what frequency does the Thumb
mids usually sit? What frequency?

Thanks

Thumb mids do not "sit", they rock !

Thumb voicing is basically toadally
insane and knowing what Hz they're
targeting tells you nothing. It's like
knowing the height, weight, and hair
color of a madman. Useless spec's.