Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
OK one more pic. I can't help myself...

Zon-Legacy.jpg

Reaction score
Sad day for me today...I decided to sell my beloved Warwick thumb BO as I really needed a new amp but didn't want to test the love with any more gear this year. Between the Thumb NT6 my gorgeous Spector Euro and the BO the BO was just too similar in territory to the NT for me to justify it over an amp...Devastated as I truly loved this bass but it is what it is.

That being said!! When I say amp I am not just talking about some little combo or an old Behringer PA (I literally gigged through an old Behringer PA as my head on the weekend lol)!

I had my eye and had put a deposit on a Darkglass AO900 as that would be very cool to muck with but I have such a flash pedalrig now it was total overkill. I have held a burning desire for an all tube amp for a very long time with my favourite local metal band used to use a Mesa 400+.

Anyway enough rambling...I have been trawling the internet for a long time reading about the extra special all tube amps of the world. And reading about the love for all tube Trace Elliot gear on here and other places it always stuck with me. I was going to get a big Ashdown head that I have had my eye on for years and then Fate has fallen ..

Coming to me soon is the one of the HOLY GRAIL of all tube heads in the world. The rare and stupendously cool Trace Elliot V8!! It just so happens one of what could only be a few in Australia is being sold not that far from me for a killer price. When I saw the add I knew that if I was giving up one of my babies it had to be for something super special. I think I have found that.

16bg6th.jpg

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Sad day for me today...I decided to sell my beloved Warwick thumb BO as I really needed a new amp but didn't want to test the love with any more gear this year. Between the Thumb NT6 my gorgeous Spector Euro and the BO the BO was just too similar in territory to the NT for me to justify it over an amp...Devastated as I truly loved this bass but it is what it is.

That being said!! When I say amp I am not just talking about some little combo or an old Behringer PA (I literally gigged through an old Behringer PA as my head on the weekend lol)!

I had my eye and had put a deposit on a Darkglass AO900 as that would be very cool to muck with but I have such a flash pedalrig now it was total overkill. I have held a burning desire for an all tube amp for a very long time with my favourite local metal band used to use a Mesa 400+.

Anyway enough rambling...I have been trawling the internet for a long time reading about the extra special all tube amps of the world. And reading about the love for all tube Trace Elliot gear on here and other places it always stuck with me. I was going to get a big Ashdown head that I have had my eye on for years and then Fate has fallen ..

Coming to me soon is the one of the HOLY GRAIL of all tube heads in the world. The rare and stupendously cool Trace Elliot V8!! It just so happens one of what could only be a few in Australia is being sold not that far from me for a killer price. When I saw the add I knew that if I was giving up one of my babies it had to be for something super special. I think I have found that.

16bg6th.jpg

What does it do???

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni

Please keep us posted with the "operation".

Reaction score
What does it do???
At least a 10 second run.

It is a huge Tube amp that could also double as a demolition crew. Exciting times. Got a big outdoor show for a few thousand next week but this wont be here in time sadly!

Reaction score
this one is number 50. mid 2000. reading into it all they really spared nothing in the quality of these things. to be completely honest I have no idea what to expect. can't even remember playing an all tube amp. closest was my mesa big block that I owned for years. tube orientated sounding hybrid

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It's gonna take 3 to 6 weeks for the One 10 to arrive as they are built to order.
This is an interesting cab as the enclosure is a "hybrid resonator" design rather then simply a ported cab.
The hybrid resonator is related to transmission line designs and utilizes both the front and back face of the speaker, causing it to be much more efficient and in effect as powerful as a regular 2x10. Besides that the custom 10" speaker is a highly efficient one on its own, and reaches up to 6khz (most 10" don't go higher then 3.5khz).

Also, a hybrid resonator design has a less steep falloff of the low frequencies then a ported design, resulting in more natural sounding (less boomy) low end.

My home stereo speakers are all transmission line designs. The ones at the attic have dual 8" woofers and reach down to 24hz within the +/- 3db frequency range. They are AWESOME for mixing.

Maybe you can imagine I am very curious about how well the One 10 will perform.
I have heard nothing but good stuff about these little monsters!

Once it has arrived I am planning to do a review on both the One 10 and Big Twin II cabs I own and make them face off with my SWR Henry the 8x8.
Stay tuned!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Preamp upgrade for the Zon Legacy, which currently is active but has no active EQ. I really want to be able to boost bass and treb on it and since Zon used Bartolini pre's a lot back in the days this bass was produced I decided to keep it close to their own designs.

The pre has 14db boost/cut at 30hz and 6khz. I ordered the version with active/passive switch.

The soapbar pickup on the Zon Legacy has 4 conductors so it is likely to be a split humbucker. I will utilize the existing three way switch to do coil mode switching, so the bass will look exactly the same but have more sensible controls then it currently has.

2 Band NTBT Preamp, 2 Pots - HR-2.2 - Bartolini Pickups & Electronics

Edit: I type like a half blind spastic junkie.

Last edited:

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Lol I actually have a friend with that last name and he pronounces it dem-etter. But I always pronounced it the way @Bassist4Eris wrote until I got his voicemail one day and heard it the other way.

Top Bottom