Metalheads Thread - All Things Metal

Reaction score
But the one exception is Agent Steel because, though I didn’t always agree with the message, I believe that they were sincere, and not trying to garner fandom from mere morbidly-

Btw, do you know their material?

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
But the one exception is Agent Steel because, though I didn’t always agree with the message, I believe that they were sincere, and not trying to garner fandom from mere morbidly-

Btw, do you know their material?

I don't think I 've listened to a single song of theirs. Can you provide something representative?

Reaction score
Well I did in this thread (faux indignation)- two pages ago.

Back in the mid-80’s while on leave, s friend mine who collected vinyl showed me this album which the vinyl was blue, the cover of which depicted a swarm of stainless steel locusts descending on earth from space, the first of which had blood on its mandibles-

Fast forward over thirty years later when I first hear it on YouTube-

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Well I did in this thread (faux indignation)- two pages ago.

Back in the mid-80’s while on leave, s friend mine who collected vinyl showed me this album which the vinyl was blue, the cover of which depicted a swarm of stainless steel locusts descending on earth from space, the first of which had blood on its mandibles-

Fast forward over thirty years later when I first hear it on YouTube-

I can't believe I missed posts of you in the metalheads thread, of all places. That was an interesting listen. It's classified as pure 100% American thrash metal.

Reaction score
Now, now relatively contemporary material from the early 2000’s- from the album Order of the Illuminati -

The last one I believe is truly heartfelt- look at the lyrics if you get the time-

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Now, now relatively contemporary material from the early 2000’s- from the album Order of the Illuminati -

The last one I believe is truly heartfelt- look at the lyrics if you get the time-

I fired up the complete album. I 'll let you know what happened.

Reaction score
Because, just like a lot of genres, it can descend into profit pandering bunk (you know what I mean, but wishing to be polite for any under age lurkers).

So for me, dark/death metal has descended into WFC wrestling where they go from meaningless extreme to extreme for a buck (or a mark, krona ... etc.$

Reaction score
Yannis- since you’re a bro, I’ll do the last for you-

Now, whether or not it is as the typical dark metal morbidity bunk, I can say from my personal experience that this rings true, whether it is was the military or society itself- thus I submit the lyrics of “Human Bullet”-

White light, mission classified
Neural probe, map your mind target
Run the maze, my loyal pet
Recall your orders and the rest forget
So close to the perfect crime
A human bullet in a chambered mind
An appetite for profanity
Everything you were made to be
Fracturing the pristine mind
Crack the shell and reach inside
Manipulating all we find to do or die
Conflict borne of man machines
Solidifies our chosen scheme
It's so much more than what
It seems behind your eyes
White light, falling star
The you, you knew is now the slave you are
(Dancing)
To a dirge that sings within
A waltz of damage just beneath the skin
(Rhythmic death)
Death tapped out by your puppet toes
Another current in the undertow
Below the waves we weave the curse
To drown the world and choke the earth
Assembling the fractured mind
Puzzle equals suicide
Create the killer from inside
Some dreams must die
Slaughtering ability
Bred in you through trickery
Surrender blindly, slake our greed
And stain the skies
Until we hear their cries
(Dominate)
While they believe our lies
(Dominate)
Salt and twist the knife
(Dominate)
Until the wound is ripe
Above theocracy, we reign
Sharing death, bearing pain
In God's name all the heretics must die
Behind democracy, we rule
And communists we use as tools
All the world's devoted to our crime
And still we trust our minds
We reign
[Incomprehensible]
Behind theocracy, we reign
Above democracy, we rule
And still we trust our minds, we trust our minds

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Because, just like a lot of genres, it can descend into profit pandering bunk (you know what I mean, but wishing to be polite for any under age lurkers).

So for me, dark/death metal has descended into WFC wrestling where they go from meaningless extreme to extreme for a buck (or a mark, krona ... etc.$

I don't think musicians that want to make money will try playing grindcore or technical death metal. People in these genres primarily do it for themselves and if people like it, that's cool. Going for the extremes is kind of like a challenge or competition I think, as in who will be the most extreme or brutal, which becomes increasingly difficult with the oversaturation from all these bands for more than a few years now. Most of this stuff has been already played and overplayed so it's hard to be creative and new. If these genres are ridiculous or not is a different discussion of course.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Yannis- since you’re a bro, I’ll do the last for you-

Now, whether or not it is as the typical dark metal morbidity bunk, I can say from my personal experience that this rings true, whether it is was the military or society itself- thus I submit the lyrics of “Human Bullet”-

White light, mission classified
Neural probe, map your mind target
Run the maze, my loyal pet
Recall your orders and the rest forget
So close to the perfect crime
A human bullet in a chambered mind
An appetite for profanity
Everything you were made to be
Fracturing the pristine mind
Crack the shell and reach inside
Manipulating all we find to do or die
Conflict borne of man machines
Solidifies our chosen scheme
It's so much more than what
It seems behind your eyes
White light, falling star
The you, you knew is now the slave you are
(Dancing)
To a dirge that sings within
A waltz of damage just beneath the skin
(Rhythmic death)
Death tapped out by your puppet toes
Another current in the undertow
Below the waves we weave the curse
To drown the world and choke the earth
Assembling the fractured mind
Puzzle equals suicide
Create the killer from inside
Some dreams must die
Slaughtering ability
Bred in you through trickery
Surrender blindly, slake our greed
And stain the skies
Until we hear their cries
(Dominate)
While they believe our lies
(Dominate)
Salt and twist the knife
(Dominate)
Until the wound is ripe
And still we trust our minds
We reign
[Incomprehensible]
Behind theocracy, we reign
Above democracy, we rule
And still we trust our minds, we trust our minds

I listened to the whole album more than a few times, my thoughts on it later. In this specific tune the vocalist reminded me of Coburn Pharr, the guy that did the vocals for the second Annihilator album, Never Neverland. By the way, I consider this record fantastic and the fact that I listened to it again after Agent Steel was a very welcome side effect. These Canadians are a highly recommended listen for more than a couple of reasons:

Annihilator - Never, Neverland album (magyar felirattal) - YouTube

Reaction score
I don't think musicians that want to make money will try playing grindcore or technical death metal. People in these genres primarily do it for themselves and if people like it, that's cool. Going for the extremes is kind of like a challenge or competition I think, as in who will be the most extreme or brutal, which becomes increasingly difficult with the oversaturation from all these bands for more than a few years now. Most of this stuff has been already played and overplayed so it's hard to be creative and new. If these genres are ridiculous or not is a different discussion of course.
Point taken bro- now I suppose I’ll repent in ashes-

Reaction score
You can listen to Never, Neverland for repentance. There's a song in it called "Reduced to Ash".
Check out my post to eyvindwa in the “Pedals You Want to Try” thread last Sunday. It’s about two down from Marco’s post on the Plasma pedal. I believe you’ll find it amusing in light of our recent discussion-

Reaction score
So, I bought the Priest album Unleashed in the East when I was 17, and to this day I can still appreciate this song for it’s intensity and poignancy- And I think Ian Hill deserves more credit than he gets-

Reaction score
Similar to my previous submission this song moved me when I first heard it 1979- I later purchased the album in the fall of 1980. But it wasn’t until the latter part of the millennial decade that I discovered why I found it to be so poignant and powerful. It was Ozzy Osbourne’s tribute to his father who was dying of cancer at the time- ‘nuff said, now let’s let the music do the talking-

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
And I think Ian Hill deserves more credit than he gets-

He's got some tasty stuff on the bridge in this one. :cool:

Similar to my previous submission this song moved me when I first heard it 1979- I later purchased the album in the fall of 1980. But it wasn’t until the latter part of the millennial decade that I discovered why I found it to be so poignant and powerful. It was Ozzy Osbourne’s tribute to his father who was dying of cancer at the time- ‘nuff said, now let’s let the music do the talking-

This is an underrated album in my opinion.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
So, I bought the Priest album Unleashed in the East when I was 17, and to this day I can still appreciate this song for it’s intensity and poignancy- And I think Ian Hill deserves more credit than he gets-

Classic. I love the following cut from Unleashed In The East. I consider it very progressive (raining chord changes) and very heavy (guitars chugging). And I don't think it was played very often live after that era.

Top Bottom