Metalheads Thread - All Things Metal

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The first time I ever saw the term “heavy metal”, it was in either a Circus or Hit Parader rock magazine article on Aerosmith. This was in the fall of 1977.
Steppenwolf

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

Reaction score
Speaking of Testament, this the one song really etched in my mind and imagination-

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Still in Yannis Papadopoulos mode:

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
English subtitles available. Much interesting, very bass:

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Checking out the new Periphery.

That was pretty abrasive. For some obscure reason it reminded me of Mike Patton, perhaps I imagined this could be a project of his.

Reaction score
That was pretty abrasive. For some obscure reason it reminded me of Mike Patton, perhaps I imagined this could be a project of his.
Wow! I’m generally not a contemporary metal fan for that reason- with that said I’ve generally backed off from listening to unknown stuff because I’m working on my own material and don’t want to detract from originality.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Wow! I’m generally not a contemporary metal fan for that reason- with that said I’ve generally backed off from listening to unknown stuff because I’m working on my own material and don’t want to detract from originality.

Once the search is in progress, something will be found.

Reaction score
Yannis, I was surprised when you said the abrasive thing, given that, if I infer correctly from past posts, that you have liked dark metal.

So my inference was that it must pretty bad- not so much in the sense of artistic and musical acumen, but of psychic and emotional intensity.

And just to give a bit of my perspective, I find most, if not all, death metal vocals and lyrics abrasive-

Which is ironic since my alter/ego is a Norwegian death metal bassist-

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Yannis, I was surprised when you said the abrasive thing, given that, if I infer correctly from past posts, that you have liked dark metal.

So my inference was that it must pretty bad- not so much in the sense of artistic and musical acumen, but of psychic and emotional intensity.

And just to give a bit of my perspective, I find most, if not all, death metal vocals and lyrics abrasive-

Which is ironic since my alter/ego is a Norwegian death metal bassist-

Perhaps I should have said it's a bit too abrasive for Periphery. Btw, my earlier response was an oblique strategy. :)

Reaction score
Perhaps I should have said it's a bit too abrasive for Periphery. Btw, my earlier response was an oblique strategy. :)
Lol bro !!! Ha-ha-ha to the 28th power!!! I see you’ve been lurking about the chat box!

Top Bottom