Pedals You Want To Try

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Tech 21 Red Ripper... this is a very rare bird... I'm not even sure if they are still making them.

Wow. Seems like only a few years ago I was thinking about buying a brand new one. I'm pretty sure they were in stock in my local shop. I may have even tried it out. It had an envelope-like quality IIRC.

Reaction score
I'm interested in that Free the Tone OD
I like 3Leaf Proton so happy to buy that brand again but worried the You're Doom might be to close to the Attack Goat

Reaction score
Sounds awesome!
I checked out your Horrid Engine vid and that's topnotch musicianship and videography. Mind you that death metal is not my genre, but I recognize good musicianship when it hear it. The irony of this is my stage name persona is Odvar Saastad, Norwegian death metal bassist. In fact it's on the U.S. copyright registration application for the lyrics of the title track of an album I'm working on. My style can range from 1970's Alan Parson Project to some degree of hard rock and heavy metal, yet in some respects it could get into the atonal avant-garde. So Odvar misinterpreted the music style in the band's ad for a bassist, but kept the job because he needed the money. Still, the lyrics for the first three songs are darker than I anticipated them to be, and I reflected the other day, that they seemed to appropriate for the dark metal genre. But with that I will say they weren't contrived to fit a particular genre, but to express genuine emotions and thoughts, and not all of them are dark (at least one isn't , but you never know).

Speaking of which, I was looking for the lyrics for your song but could not find them online. Are they available somewhere?

Thank you for sharing-

Reaction score
I bought a Wounded Paw Battering Ram today
Here's hoping it's as good as the Attack Goat

Reaction score
I checked out your Horrid Engine vid and that's topnotch musicianship and videography. Mind you that death metal is not my genre, but I recognize good musicianship when it hear it. The irony of this is my stage name persona is Odvar Saastad, Norwegian death metal bassist. In fact it's on the U.S. copyright registration application for the lyrics of the title track of an album I'm working on. My style can range from 1970's Alan Parson Project to some degree of hard rock and heavy metal, yet in some respects it could get into the atonal avant-garde. So Odvar misinterpreted the music style in the band's ad for a bassist, but kept the job because he needed the money. Still, the lyrics for the first three songs are darker than I anticipated them to be, and I reflected the other day, that they seemed to appropriate for the dark metal genre. But with that I will say they weren't contrived to fit a particular genre, but to express genuine emotions and thoughts, and not all of them are dark (at least one isn't , but you never know).

Speaking of which, I was looking for the lyrics for your song but could not find them online. Are they available somewhere?

Thank you for sharing-

Thanks buddy! Odvar Saastad is a good, very Norwegian-sounding name, haha!

I'm glad you liked the song - some people interpret our stuff as just a bunch of riffs thrown together; it is always nice when people recognize there's more to it than that.

I'm not sure if the lyrics for Horrid Engine are available online - until now that is; see below! Our guitarist wrote these lyrics (while I wrote the music) during a time where he had anxiety issues and was fearing, amongst other things, that his heart would stop:

HORRID ENGINE

scratching the sores of this nucleus
this battered and worn encasing
decrepit; untrustworthy; ineffective
languid pulses spreading its corruption
a sophisticated machinery in near disrepair

borne by charges unfit to bear it
their arbitrary paths and essential weaknesses
are catalysts to this collapse of life -
in itself a twisted and bitter expression
of the continuance of a wanton existence

the loop that is its routine, failing
no remedies for this now horrid engine of flesh
preparing its own way into a self-imposed exile
dooming its host and finally shutting down

Reaction score
Thanks buddy! Odvar Saastad is a good, very Norwegian-sounding name, haha!

I'm glad you liked the song - some people interpret our stuff as just a bunch of riffs thrown together; it is always nice when people recognize there's more to it than that.

I'm not sure if the lyrics for Horrid Engine are available online - until now that is; see below! Our guitarist wrote these lyrics (while I wrote the music) during a time where he had anxiety issues and was fearing, amongst other things, that his heart would stop:

Thank you for sharing the lyrics- in a way it reminds me of what I’ve written- later I will share-

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I really like how the high mids knob on the B7K brings out the J-bass growl in this video.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Nice video.

Tip from a long time SansAmp BDDI user and abuser: NEVER use the Blend knob at full, I use it at 11:00 o'clock with amazing results, because you retain your bass' character.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I use the tube OD on the Le Bass nowadays. Contemplating on selling my last two Darkglass pedals.

Top Bottom