=The Warwick Dolphin Club=

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Just retracted this from selling because reasons.

Dolphin-Pro1-01.jpg

Dolphin-Pro1-03.jpg

Dolphin-Pro1-05.jpg

Dolphin-Pro1-06.jpg

Dolphin-Pro1-07.jpg

Dolphin-Pro1-08.jpg

Dolphin-Pro1-09.jpg

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
View attachment 19792 I just bought this at a very decent price ; it’s from 1989 the owner thinks ... who can tell me more about it ?
How many Dolphin 1 were painted ?
Thanks
Lalo Garcia
That's a very cool looking finish and I don't think it is original. At least I have never seen that type of finish on a Dolphin. It could be a custom order though. What year is it?

Reaction score
That's a very cool looking finish and I don't think it is original. At least I have never seen that type of finish on a Dolphin. It could be a custom order though. What year is it?

1989 according to the previous owner ...

Reaction score
Is it a Japanese model?
I need to find that Bass Mag article about Dolphins

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
1989 according to the previous owner ...
An '89 model should have the serial number on the top edge of the headstock, or maybe on the back of the headstock. I have an '89 and it's on the top edge. More pictures showing the entire guitar would help as well. But if it's from '89, then I think that it has been refinished.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Congrats! NT with lolphin inlays = DP1. As Kim mentioned, it doesn't look like the original finish. Twin J looks like a Bart and the J looks like a worn down MEC. Hard to tell from that pic. And the hardware may have been swapped out for black at some point. Regardless, it's a beauty. Have fun!

Reaction score
Congrats! NT with lolphin inlays = DP1. As Kim mentioned, it doesn't look like the original finish. Twin J looks like a Bart and the J looks like a worn down MEC. Hard to tell from that pic. And the hardware may have been swapped out for black at some point. Regardless, it's a beauty. Have fun!

They are both Bartolinis; I think it’s not a good idea to combine passive pickups (high impedance) like the Bartolinis with active pickups like the MEC. I will ask the owner if The finish is original or it’s refinished bass .
I remember some Warwick streamers from the late 80’s painted in aqua green like this dolphin but the black burst on the edges of the bass I had never seen .
May be i will send more pictures to the Man himself for more information.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
They are both Bartolinis; I think it’s not a good idea to combine passive pickups (high impedance) like the Bartolinis with active pickups like the MEC. I will ask the owner if The finish is original or it’s refinished bass .
I remember some Warwick streamers from the late 80’s painted in aqua green like this dolphin but the black burst on the edges of the bass I had never seen .
May be i will send more pictures to the Man himself for more information.

There were green burst Pro 2's...
vvyoxdtaotfzurj9lehb.jpg

So who knows, maybe it was a custom paint order.

@Henrythe8 would probably know if yours might be original or not.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Original, maybe a companion to the 4 Blue burst that were made at the time. I'd suggest mailing the pictures to Warwick for confirmation. Might be a one-off with this Hardware as the standard was Satin Chrome.
Very rare, indeed, if original, which is my guess. This is supposed to go for 2000/2500€. Cheaper than this is a bargain.

Reaction score
Original, maybe a companion to the 4 Blue burst that were made at the time. I'd suggest mailing the pictures to Warwick for confirmation. Might be a one-off with this Hardware as the standard was Satin Chrome.
Very rare, indeed, if original, which is my guess. This is supposed to go for 2000/2500€. Cheaper than this is a bargain.

Lovely! I will update you when I receive the bass
It’s being shipped from Germany i should get it Tuesday

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Looks very nice.

I think the finish may be not original, but tyour best bet is to take several pictures of the bass (body, headstock, neck back, front, etc.) and send them to warwick. I'm sure they will help you dating your new axe.

And talkng about pics, we'd love to see more pics of it, too.

Cheers.:)

Top Bottom