Show Us Your Non- Warwick Bass Then!

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
Schermafbeelding 2018-03-06 om 23.54.18.png

Reaction score
Snap! Got this in 2011. More of a very-long-scale bass guitar that an upright at all, but very easy to play. :)This is way better - real double bass, only thinner and more manageable.

The NS basses are great but you need to change the strings out to the orchestral ones. Way better tension and more acoustic sounding. The set they come with sucks.

The Eminence is also not a real double bass by the way. still just an electric copy of a "real double bass" ha ha.

Reaction score
View attachment 19360 So to quote Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon “I was really drunk at the time...”

There you have it- a translucent blonde American original 50’s p-bass. So I like blondes too- Incoming a few days after my coming birthday-

My next bass will be a P bass. you cant get that P bass sound without an actual P bass as it turns out. ha ha

Not sure if il get a 4 or 5 yet, Old one or new one, Dunno. Will see what happens when im ready. Right now I think id go an old 5 string if I could find one.

Reaction score
The translucent blonde finish along with the thick c-shaped solid maple neck (with skunk stripe for the trussrod) is what sold me. I have a 57 Reissue Mary Kay Stratocaster I bought back in the 80’s and, let me tell you, the translucent white where you can see the wood grain is rather fetching-

With that said, the American standards from 2011 on are superb and the SKB flight cases they came with are very high quality-

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
The NS basses are great but you need to change the strings out to the orchestral ones. Way better tension and more acoustic sounding. The set they come with sucks.

The Eminence is also not a real double bass by the way. still just an electric copy of a "real double bass" ha ha.

The Eminence is NOT an electric instrument. It's fully acoustic. It has the same Realist piezo pickup as any double bass, only slightly adapted for a different body.
As for the strings on the NXT5, the D'Addario Orchestral are what mine has (old version with slightly different silks I think) and they are pretty damn good.

Reaction score
6B61A46A-7841-4115-8C75-16E00D125D38.jpeg

Here’s a 2008 New American Standard P-Bass that I got as new old stock on eBay for a good price in the summer of 2011. Apparently a local music store went out of business and it was one of the spoils. I replaced the pick guard because it had been on the shelf for so long that when I removed the round sticker, it left a bright white spot in a sea of yellowing plastic. If you look closely, I upgraded to a pearlescent one.

Not only was this my first real P-bass, but I saved money based on the color scheme,. Believe it or not, at the time, folks were passing on models with rosewood finger boards unless it was a blonde. Black and red ones with maple fingerboards were going like hot cakes.

This one is tuned to Eb for Robin Trower stuff (“Somebody Calling” and other songs off “In City Dreams” and “Caravan to Midnight “during his R&B phase in the mid-70’s. The thing is no one wants to do Trower in clubs, not even people who like him. Back in ‘04 a guitarist whose band had just played Cream’s “Room With White Curtains” told me that Trower just wasn’t done in the regular club circuit. However a couple of years earlier at another club I requested “Bridge of Sighs” from a musician, just himself and an acoustic electric with no effects, and he knocked it out of the park with his unique arrangement. And he got a standing ovation. So who knows?

02B4CB3F-2ACF-414B-BF62-E20B658632DE.jpeg

The story on this one? It’s red and is in standard tuning to do material from David Gilmour ‘s first solo album, another person whose material no one wants to play in a club unless it’s close to a university. “Stone Cold Sober” by Crawler is another song but musician friends did express an interest playing it and a few other bits.

6581E842-44C5-489A-AAF7-DFB6542E2CF9.jpeg

Finally, I got some better pics on the blonde one I got back in January. Justification? I wanted a blonde 50’s style and I guess I couldn’t help it. Now I have a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead!

But I will use them on my own music projects-

Reaction score
Real Name
James
Here's my non W basses

_20190224_004747.JPG

They are all nothing special mostly ones I've made/customised

From left to right:
Quincy Monaco
Custom body 6 string
Custom body 5 string
Bitsa Jazz
Custom body 4 string (The top one on the seat I've now sold)
And Bitsa P bass (now white)
Also still in the building process a White Fenderbird 4 string, 4 string Neck-thru and a 5 string P bass............

Reaction score
Here's my non W basses

View attachment 19761
They are all nothing special mostly ones I've made/customised

From left to right:
Quincy Monaco
Custom body 6 string
Custom body 5 string
Bitsa Jazz
Custom body 4 string (The top one on the seat I've now sold)
And Bitsa P bass (now white)
Also still in the building process a White Fenderbird 4 string, 4 string Neck-thru and a 5 string P bass............
That’s really cool, it reminds me of an old-time family portrait in the parlor on a Sunday afternoon. I relate to the P-bass who preferred to lay down and take a nap instead-

Reaction score
I've just restrung my Jazz with Flats and it sounds awesome now

The weather is supposed to shit itself later in the week and as I mainly work outside I will certainly have time to restring this week

But..

Pleased you like the change, btw what type of Jazz?

Reaction score
Furthermore if I restring then I only have 1 s/s Roundwound bass
1 with Halfwounds
1 with LaBella Flat
3 with Chromes

Maybe I should buy another couple of Basses! That's an idea

Reaction score
Real Name
James
The weather is supposed to shit itself later in the week and as I mainly work outside I will certainly have time to restring this week

But..

Pleased you like the change, btw what type of Jazz?
It's just a Bitsa nothing special

Top Bottom