Metalheads Thread - All Things Metal

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Been listening to some good old prog metal (somehow I never checked out the Dutch band Elegy).
I absolutely love the drumming, this guy's so precise and insanely musical.

Reactions: RIP

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Tasty, I'm posting while my first listen is not finished yet:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Old timers Enslaved:

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Going to go play with this band tomorrow.......I'm liking what I'm hearing :)

First show with these guys on Sunday

Had to learn a few more songs for the show, but no problem.....should be fun.

I’ll post some pics :)

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yeah they aren't messing around. I actually seen them live about six months ago, and when I heard they were looking for a bassist I contacted them right away. So I knew they were a working band.....of course I have no input on there current songs or gigs lined up, and I'm fine with that. I just show up and play......easy peasy.

Gotta admit it's pretty stress free in comparison to Murder Pony where I was doing all the bookings and promo stuff......that was really kind of a pain. But I actually made some really good connections doing it. So it kinda paid off in a way

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I'll just leave this here. It's really not my "kind of metal" but I ended up loving this album. It features some wicked bass lines! and drums! and guitars too :p

I have this. Great album!

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I just watched an interesting film called "Heavy Metal in Baghdad". I was expecting a documentary covering a whole scene, but apparently this was a scene of one: a band called Acrassicauda. The film covers their travails from about 2003-2006, during which they played approximately one show per year, under conditions that can be understated as "extreme".

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
These guys are a local band, the guitar player is my friend’s 17 year old son. Apparently they are all 18 or younger, and they just released their first EP

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
These guys are a local band, the guitar player is my friend’s 17 year old son. Apparently they are all 18 or younger, and they just released their first EP

This is awesome. The sophistication of musicians nowadays at such young ages is just nuts.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I was so impressed when I looked them up! I hadn’t heard the kid for several years. Guitar player writes all the music, his parents paid for lessons starting when he was very young to see if he was serious (I think maybe in part because of my encouragement). He has good teachers and is committed. I sold him one of my guitars today for cheap just to try and pay it forward, we’ve all had guys in our musical lives that have helped us out.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I was listening to Dimmu Borgir again today, a tune called Spellbound, and was thinking how this arrangement would sound in 8-bit.

So I checked if someone has made an 8-bit version, turns out there is one, and indeed it sounds very cool. Would make some killer music for some mini boss in a video game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom