=The Warwick Streamer Club=

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Custom Shop Streamer LX 5 in Bleached Rose Stain High Polish that was built in December 2014 to be displayed in the Warwick booth at the 2015 NAMM Convention.

I forgot where I was looking the last few days, but I saw this pic from the '15 NAMM show. I think this is probably your Rosie... :)

downloadfile.jpg

And of course another cool thing about these NAMM Wicks, is they are among the first of each model to have the next year's upgrades/changes. Rosie is somewhat unique with a 2014 serial and the wooden tuners and truss cover introduced for 2015 :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Rehan
I forgot where I was looking the last few days, but I saw this pic from the '15 NAMM show. I think this is probably your Rosie... :)

View attachment 19247

And of course another cool thing about these NAMM Wicks, is they are among the first of each model to have the next year's upgrades/changes. Rosie is somewhat unique with a 2014 serial and the wooden tuners and truss cover introduced for 2015 :D

Oh nice, thank you for finding and sharing that Hoggles! :) It surely must be Rosie in that pic! :D I actually thought the previous owner may have upgraded to the wooden tuners because I thought 2014 models didn’t have them. Although according to the serial number Rosie was made in December. Nice to see that the wooden tuners are actually original from the factory. :)

Last edited:

StreamerII84

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Just wanted to share a couple pics of my current Custom Shop Streamers all acquired this year:

t0gfhc.jpg

2ed5glj.jpg

You got that SSII from japan? Grain looks familiar. Those SSIIs are my favorite, 2012-2015 years.

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

(warning: big pics & my over-long rambling; please let me know if I've broken some forum rule )

I joined the club of happy Streamer owners this week. My first bass was a Corvette RockBass that I purchased in Sept. 2017 after ogling it in a local store for over a year. Before that I had never considered playing the bass; I previously played guitar, keyboards, and djembe. After I had been playing the Corvette for a couple of months I realized that it's the instrument I enjoyed the most, and since that time it's also the one I'm best at. (still have a long way to go to be "good" though…)

2ni87iw.jpg

So naturally I started looking at all of Warwick's bass lineup over the years to figure out which I'd like to upgrade to someday. My discretionary spending budget isn't that big (programmer's salary in Japan is surprisingly low), so I figured that my best bet would be a used German bass, probably 90s - early 2000s. Pretty quickly I choose the Streamer body style because my only complaint with the Corvette is that it's neck-heavy even with a wide suede strap. Also the 3d curves on the Streamer looked very comfortable.

Of course I drooled over the newer masterbuilt & custom shop basses, but the price is outside my current budget even with a decent discount. Fortunately there are many Warwicks available second hand in Japan, but because I live in Miyazaki on the island of Kyushu (southern most of the 4 main islands) the local selection is very thin. I'd have to mail order or visit Tokyo to get what I want. I often visit several local "recycle-shops" that have some guitars but had only ever seen two Warwicks: a Korean Corvette & an older German Fortress. On Christmas Eve I was surprised to see a 2016 Masterbuilt Streamer Stage 1 in near-mint condition, with all of the latest specs. The price was ¥162,000 or ~$1450 including sales tax! After carefully examining it & playing it for a few minutes I knew my dream was going to become a reality. After trading in my Corvette I got it for $1250. It has all of the original paperwork & accessories, and there's almost no fret wear. I don't know why the original owner let go of it so cheaply; maybe he/she died & their spouse just dumped it?

So this is my Christmas miracle. I'm so happy!

2rgde0k.jpg

2m4tweq.jpg

1z6b2ix.jpg

2afydkw.jpg

w5u94.jpg

Reaction score
Nice! I had a 7 string tight spaced version just like yours that I sold and miss.

Yeah I like the broad spacing, 20MM on the Warwick and 30MM on the NS design. When I jump on my other basses with standard spacing feels really tight. I have been pondering a 7 string. Did yours have a Low F# or a higher string?

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Hi everybody!

(warning: big pics & my over-long rambling; please let me know if I've broken some forum rule )

I joined the club of happy Streamer owners this week. My first bass was a Corvette RockBass that I purchased in Sept. 2017 after ogling it in a local store for over a year. Before that I had never considered playing the bass; I previously played guitar, keyboards, and djembe. After I had been playing the Corvette for a couple of months I realized that it's the instrument I enjoyed the most, and since that time it's also the one I'm best at. (still have a long way to go to be "good" though…)

2ni87iw.jpg

So naturally I started looking at all of Warwick's bass lineup over the years to figure out which I'd like to upgrade to someday. My discretionary spending budget isn't that big (programmer's salary in Japan is surprisingly low), so I figured that my best bet would be a used German bass, probably 90s - early 2000s. Pretty quickly I choose the Streamer body style because my only complaint with the Corvette is that it's neck-heavy even with a wide suede strap. Also the 3d curves on the Streamer looked very comfortable.

Of course I drooled over the newer masterbuilt & custom shop basses, but the price is outside my current budget even with a decent discount. Fortunately there are many Warwicks available second hand in Japan, but because I live in Miyazaki on the island of Kyushu (southern most of the 4 main islands) the local selection is very thin. I'd have to mail order or visit Tokyo to get what I want. I often visit several local "recycle-shops" that have some guitars but had only ever seen two Warwicks: a Korean Corvette & an older German Fortress. On Christmas Eve I was surprised to see a 2016 Masterbuilt Streamer Stage 1 in near-mint condition, with all of the latest specs. The price was ¥162,000 or ~$1450 including sales tax! After carefully examining it & playing it for a few minutes I knew my dream was going to become a reality. After trading in my Corvette I got it for $1250. It has all of the original paperwork & accessories, and there's almost no fret wear. I don't know why the original owner let go of it so cheaply; maybe he/she died & their spouse just dumped it?

So this is my Christmas miracle. I'm so happy!

2rgde0k.jpg

2m4tweq.jpg

1z6b2ix.jpg

2afydkw.jpg

w5u94.jpg

Congrats on the amazing acquisition, enjoy the bass!

StreamerII84

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Yeah I like the broad spacing, 20MM on the Warwick and 30MM on the NS design. When I jump on my other basses with standard spacing feels really tight. I have been pondering a 7 string. Did yours have a Low F# or a higher string?

I tuned it like a 7 string guitar BEADGBE. I played guitar for 10 years before switching 10 years ago and all my chord knowledge had that tuning.

The low F# just doesnt sound right, to flubby.

Top Bottom