Differences In Framus Guitars Between 2007-08 And 2018 Years Of Production

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am new here. I checked a lot of threads, but couldn't find answer on my question.
During this year I bought three Framus guitars:
AK1974 Custom - G 136385-07
Mayfield Custom - K 138754-07
AZ-10 Custom - M 148405 08
I have spent 3200 euros in total on all three guitars. Sounds like a bargain for me.
I wrote to Framus team about them and H.P.Wilfer said that the woods used for them are the same quality as they use now, but the build quality of instruments raised so as prices.

So my main question for forum members is:
If you will take all three models that I have (produced in '07-'08) and compare them with modern ones made in '18, could you tell how much difference will be between them? Quality? Sound?
I can't do this myself because modern Framus guitars are extremely rare in Russia, so as old ones.

Share your experirnce please.

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Real Name
Tobi Born
There was a huge quality-raise for Framus-guitars. That does not mean taht the "old" ones are bad, but the new ones are just pure perfection. Anyway 3200 for those three guitars seems like a good deal to me !

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer! So we can say, that sound of the guitars didn't changed that much as build quality did, right? When I look at my Gibson Classic Custom and AK1974, I can say that AK done much more accurately, I don't know what improvements could be done to guitar to make it much better, it's perfect, but who knows, maybe when I will see '07 and '18 AK's together, I will see the difference.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you paid a very good price, new an AK 1974 Custom is worth more than price you paid for your three guitars!

Personally, I have no way of telling if a modern Framus is better than the ones I own, my Renegade Pro is a 2008 model and Framus discontinued it. All I can say is that the quality / fit and finish is second to none, the stock pickups are excellent, and the feel of the guitar is better than anything I have seen from Gibson or Fender (including the mega-expensive Custom shop stuff).

While my Hollywood is made in Korea, it's still an extremely good guitar for the money.

In any case, I would not try to compare your current guitars to new ones, that just leads to GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome), an incurable disease ;)

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer, Hector! I believe I have a good resistance to GAS, but I am very interested in other folks opinion. I just want to get some knowledge about evolution of Framus guitars from 2007 till now.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
To be honest Alex, I think this was more a justification of price increase by HPW than actual increased build quality. Your guitars are just as fine as the new ones, perhaps minus some minor improvements.

In any case, I would not try to compare your current guitars to new ones, that just leads to GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome), an incurable disease ;)

Hey! That G stands for "Gear". Us bass players get GAS too you know! And I don't wanna hear the "bass is a guitar" argument, it's utterly sacrilegious.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest Alex, I think this was more a justification of price increase by HPW than actual increased build quality. Your guitars are just as fine as the new ones, perhaps minus some minor improvements.

Exactly....

Hey! That G stands for "Gear". Us bass players get GAS too you know! And I don't wanna hear the "bass is a guitar" argument, it's utterly sacrilegious.

OK, is this better? "Basses are only a minor sub-set of the guitar genre..."

:cool::D

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
OK, is this better? "Basses are only a minor sub-set of the guitar genre..."
:cool::D

Here's something to try, place a 34" bass next to your wee guitar and try to figure out who's the minor. :p:D:rolleyes:o_O:)

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's something to try, place a 34" bass next to your wee guitar and try to figure out who's the minor. :p:D:rolleyes:o_O:)

I win :D:D:D:D:D

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom