Broken Preamp Circuit Board On 2004 Corvette Std Active

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2004 Warwick Corvette Std w active pickups from my friend. But unfortunately, during the transportation, the battery (I think) fell off and hit the preamp circuit board which cause the board broken. I have a quick search around on the internet and found out that the preamp for this model is no longer available.

Can anyone give me advice on which preamp should I use as replacement for this and where to buy. I want to stick with the original set up of 3 knobs: Vol (Push/pull) - Balance - Treble/Bass. The Vol knob and the Balancee knob are still working.

Thanks.

hVtBjhV.jpg

5nsBulJ.jpg

YetXUdg.jpg

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi MInh Tran,

Where are you located? This is a MEC 2 way preamp, so you could replace it with the current one. You should ask any warwick dealer/ distributor, or warwick-distribution.de :)

Welcome to the forum, buddy!

Reaction score
Real Name
Tom Baker
I put a bartolini pre in mine and it works well. volume-blend-treble/bass with pull for passive.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Hey man, welcome to the forum. That's a bummer for a new bass. :-( You could be able to save some cash by replacing just the bass/treble/preamp module. I will do a little research for your problem a bit later, so check back at this thread.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Got it! This is the part you want to hunt down: "M 60904" and it costs 104.5 euros on the official webshop.

WARWICK MEC 2-Way Electronics, for active Pickups, Bass / Treble stacked only

In your position I would go for the complete preamp that costs something like 40 euros more.
But if you get that you will have volume and balance spare potentiometers for a very good price.

WARWICK MEC Active BEC 2 Electronics for active Pickups - (Vol PP / Bal / T+B)

The product code for this is "M 60003".

The product picture shows the separate bass and treble potentiometer setup (T/B) but don't worry, the code corresponds to the
single stacked potentiometer setup (T+B).

Let us know if you need anything else!

Reaction score
Hi MInh Tran,

Where are you located? This is a MEC 2 way preamp, so you could replace it with the current one. You should ask any warwick dealer/ distributor, or warwick-distribution.de :)

Welcome to the forum, buddy!

Hi Florin,

I'm from Vietnam, so I checked around my area but I think there is no dealer/distributor in Asia for now.

Reaction score
Got it! This is the part you want to hunt down: "M 60904" and it costs 104.5 euros on the official webshop.

WARWICK MEC 2-Way Electronics, for active Pickups, Bass / Treble stacked only

In your position I would go for the complete preamp that costs something like 40 euros more.
But if you get that you will have volume and balance spare potentiometers for a very good price.

WARWICK MEC Active BEC 2 Electronics for active Pickups - (Vol PP / Bal / T+B)

The product code for this is "M 60003".

The product picture shows the separate bass and treble potentiometer setup (T/B) but don't worry, the code corresponds to the
single stacked potentiometer setup (T+B).

Let us know if you need anything else!

Thank you for your great support!

I have checked the M 60904 from your link, but I think Warwick no longer produces this model. The page says that "Not available/ ask for article", and when I click in it says that "the article will be available at: more than 14 weeks".

I also found another one which would be ok, the "M 60900", 2-way preamp only, without the potentiometer. I think it is the newer version of mine. But I dont know whether it works with the old electronics (Pickups, Vol and Balance) or not.
The link is here:
WARWICK MEC 2-Way Electronics, for active Pickups, Preamp only

Another thing is, I'm from Vietnam and I cannot find any Warwick dealer around my area. If I want to order from warwick website, I have to wait the shipment from Germany. Do you know anywhere around the Asian area. I heard that the Rockbass are made in China. Do they have spare part sell in China?

Thanks.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I also found another one which would be ok, the "M 60900", 2-way preamp only, without the potentiometer. I think it is the newer version of mine. But I dont know whether it works with the old electronics (Pickups, Vol and Balance) or not.
The link is here:
WARWICK MEC 2-Way Electronics, for active Pickups, Preamp only

This part is not enough for you, as you also need the stacked/bass treble potentiometer. You should be able to use the stacked bass/treble that you already have on your broken preamp but it will need to be removed and then wired up properly to the new preamp by a technician. You could do that but in your position I would get the complete preamp module, with vol/bal/t+b. Less technical trouble/risk, you keep spare pots, but also higher price. It's your call, both these items are available from the webshop and the delays should be reasonable even for your country.

verb

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Replacing just the EQ pot and board, with an alternative such as EMG or Aguilar, is not hard to do, and you can retain the original vol(p/p) and balance pots.

Top Bottom