How Do I Know If My Thumb Bass Is German Or Korean?

Reaction score
Real Name
Pablo
Hi everyone,

I got myself a sweet little 2002 Thumb BO 5 (serial on headstock E-089054-02), fairly used and bruised, in for a proper overhaul (tuners and new just a nut) and set up right now.

dr6djqs

So I did'nt even know there were Korean made thumb basses (maple neck and high gloss finishes on the body) labelled as Pro Series. Seeing as that what is written on my head stock, may I presume that my 2002 is a Korean?

I must mention my bass has black hardware (bridge and tuners), a natural oil finish and the neck also does'nt look anything like maple? I also did'nt have the bass for long enough to properly inspect the frets being brass or nickle.

Thanks in advanced bass fam!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Looks like a German serial number to me. To make sure, you can mail it to [email protected] along with photo(s) of the instrument.
The online serial checker does not recognise this particular serial.

Reaction score
Real Name
Pablo
Looks like a German serial number to me. To make sure, you can mail it to [email protected] along with photo(s) of the instrument.
The online serial checker does not recognise this particular serial.
I also tried that serial checker but to no avail.

Confirmed a little earlier that it is indeed a German Made Thumb, as serial numbers hosting letters A-M seem to be made in Germany :)

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I don’t think that the Thumb was ever made outside of Germany.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
The best way is to listen to it talk, and tell if the accent is rather german or Korean.
(OK, I'm outta here).

Before you leave do know that this kind of humor is much needed in forums, esp. ones about BASS. :)

Top Bottom