Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It's a beauty. I really liked the Spector I had, but never got used to 5 string.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Cool! Very close to a Warwick, harhar! Very nice instrument!

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Somehow a credit card fell out of my wallet and my fingers started pressing buttons on a keyboard. Oh dear :eek:

bqbvodxbuuxuuldmpdfl.jpg

Reaction score
I just pulled the pin on a Noble tube bass pre, It will take 8 weeks to be built, then shipping to me. Hoping to add some high end tubey goodness to my solid state rig and beyond.

Preamps : Noble Amplifier Company

View attachment 19155

View attachment 19153

Got my tracking details today, should be in NZ in 6 to 10 days. I paid a bit extra to get it built quicker. I suck at being patient. Hoping it's at home waiting for me when I get home from Japan.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Streamer Stage 1 „masterbuilt“? Jealous!!! I want that wallet too!!!

Yes! Waxed SS1. Last year they came with the flight case. '15. Very excited! Club pics in a few days :)

ooh the suspense . so hard to read on those wenge covers..I actually blacked out the writing on mine lol to make it stand out a bit more. Newby? so cool.

Haha...yeah, it's really hard to read. It's a '15, but very minty. The first year of the wood truss covers and tuners. Looks like in '16 they darkened the laser etch a bit more.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ohhh very nice, congrats!

A Special Edition... Does it have a special name?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ohhh very nice, congrats!

A Special Edition... Does it have a special name?

Seems they had a limited edition plus a special edition of Corvettes in 2010. This special edition is just called „black“ as I read on the certificate.

I‘m buying No. 14, here is the certificate of No. 13:
5CE82899-663B-4F61-B5A8-103E4D188397.jpeg

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
I just bought a bass that isn't a Warwick! Shocking!!!! But the Music Man Big Al is a super cool, and very rare, beast. I have owned a Big Al SSS ( 3 single coil pups) for a while and came across a great deal on this Big Al H (single humbucker), and couldn't pass it up. I have been keeping an eye out for a 5 string for some time, but have not found one at a reasonable price yet. According to Scott Ball, only 699 were ever made and only 77 of this model were made. I think only a handful of these "tuxedo" types with an ebony fretboard were made. If you ever get the chance to play one, don't pass it up. It has a great feeling neck in my opinion.

Screenshot_2018-11-02 Used Ernie Ball Big Al H - Sam Ash Used Gear.png

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I just bought a bass that isn't a Warwick! Shocking!!!! But the Music Man Big Al is a super cool, and very rare, beast. I have owned a Big Al SSS ( 3 single coil pups) for a while and came across a great deal on this Big Al H (single humbucker), and couldn't pass it up. I have been keeping an eye out for a 5 string for some time, but have not found one at a reasonable price yet. According to Scott Ball, only 699 were ever made and only 77 of this model were made. I think only a handful of these "tuxedo" types with an ebony fretboard were made. If you ever get the chance to play one, don't pass it up. It has a great feeling neck in my opinion.

View attachment 19228

I've always dug the retro-futuristic look of these basses. It reminds me of what Judy Jetson might play if she joined a punk band.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhh wow :eek: Congrats, Rehan! You're picking up some amazing Wicks lately ;):cool::)

Top Bottom