Too Early To Start Pondering The 2019 Ltd Bass?????

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Would be nice to see the return of the Dolphin Pro2 line of instruments.

Reaction score
Well I think they outdid themselves with the 2017 thumb...would love to own one of them. I think a thumb 5 PU configured streamer with a quatersawn wenge top like this lefay...Might as well make it headless...actually I just want this Lefay Pangton lol.
pangton_natur_big.png

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
A headless Thumb bass; now there's an idea!

IIRC (which I may not :p) in the old Nobby thread, Herb mentions a headless Thumb, that (according to legend and a human...and Herb) Nobby Meidel himself created a headless Thumb. Maybe a one off. There might have even been a pic on the thread, but the link is long dead.

And also there's been mention of HP originally designing the Thumb in mid-late '84...making it headless (or at least it was a brief thought on his part). @Florin may have more insight into that story.

Headless Thumb, with today's tech and neck stability....would be super cool. And effectively making it a new model.

Speaking of that....why not make an LTD a new model :) When exactly was the last new model?

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Headless Thumb, with today's tech and neck stability....would be super cool. And effectively making it a new model.

Consider the benefits in balance too...

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Consider the benefits in balance too...

Yeah, but then it takes away the fun of trying to balance that beast :p:)

I just hope that's never a new model, because I may need to sell all my current stock for the new Thumb NT HL :eek:o_O

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Yeah, but then it takes away the fun of trying to balance that beast :p:)

I just hope that's never a new model, because I may need to sell all my current stock for the new Thumb NT HL :eek:o_O

A mockup would be interesting... We used to have a couple of members good with this. Perhaps if I find time I can try something. :)

Reaction score
The idolmaker shape is new, I feel like it’s not a proper model as it’s taken from a Framus guitar design which isn’t the usual process for a Warwick, they are quite unique deigns usually except maybe the CV... :eek:

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Idolmaker shape is really nice but looks better as a guitar. The Warwick headstock looks awkward on it

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Only a few weeks left and we can start pondering the 2020 Ltd. Bass!!!!

But first let’s see what 2019 brings. ;)

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I just noticed they added the Streamette to the official LTD's on the website. Hadn't noticed that the last time I checked a few months back. Unless I missed it... but this is the first time I recall seeing it listed on the site. Maybe it's time for a 2019 edition?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Nice bass. I can’t see anything revolutionary.

No wooden tuners? And those dots on the fretboard are unnecessary imo.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The dots do give a sense of depth to the grain of that fretboard wood, imo.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Acrylic fillings in the body wood and 3,8 kg only seem to be the specialities of this edition. Black hw?

Look at that discount that Bass Place offers from the very first moment.

0CEA6289-E03D-4C03-9F34-0A5E76D245A0.jpeg

Reaction score
Yeah America has this bullshit rrp that no one ever pays. I don't know why they do that, the real price is Map (minimum advertised price) they have a fake price and show a discount = stupid. Who would fall for that?
I also bet that price does not include the local tax. Another silly American thing. Get to the counter then they add the tax so you never really know the real ticket price. Hate buying stuff in the states.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Nice bass. I can’t see anything revolutionary.

No wooden tuners? And those dots on the fretboard are unnecessary imo.

Keep in mind this is the GPS LTD. No doubt they'll follow the same path as the last few years and have a Masterbuilt version.

Top Bottom