Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
hehehe need to unfortunately..

very light and fat sounding, easy play (slappy) yum.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2018-05-08 om 01.13.47.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-05-08 om 01.13.47.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 296

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
oops I uploaded a file, can I delete it? forgot that I need to use a link..

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
oops I uploaded a file, can I delete it? forgot that I need to use a link..

you 're a sponsor brah, so you can upload :)

super sexy bass. is that walnut?

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
Just snagged this on Reverb. I have been wanting a fretless Warwick, Fortress is my favorite body shape, I prefer all wenge necks, and the fact that the seller took a good bit less than his asking price, all added up to ........BUY IT!!
I had never seen a R&B model before, so I guess they are fairly uncommon. It looks pretty sweet imho. I should get it in a week or so.:)

royotf0pwyiyltvcymeg.jpg
th15enf5nb8itathb80p.jpg
ei2vmpndvxidsqbgwlpc.jpg

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Just snagged this on Reverb. I have been wanting a fretless Warwick, Fortress is my favorite body shape, I prefer all wenge necks, and the fact that the seller took a good bit less than his asking price, all added up to ........BUY IT!!
I had never seen a R&B model before, so I guess they are fairly uncommon. It looks pretty sweet imho. I should get it in a week or so.:)

View attachment 18828 View attachment 18829 View attachment 18830

Indeed it looks very cool with the ash body, just like a "proper" Wick. Let us know how it is when it arrives. :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

It will be used for recording guitars, and on my pedalboard through a bass whammy in octave up mode, in a parallel chain (blended 50/50 with the dry bass) for some Royal Blood like mayhem.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Nice! Mk.V?

Last edited:

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
yes MKV with blacklight yeajer

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Congrats! Who's Nobby Meidel the stylist anyway???

Thanks, jester!

Apparently Nobby was a bass salesman for Thomann music, who was introduced to HP by Hans Thomann. Not too much info past that, other than Nobby helped design it along with HP. All the while knowing it was based on Steinberger's design. As far as I know, it never was in legal trouble, like the original Streamer. I guess it was different enough. Even though HP made the "TV" bass before the Nobby Meidel, he considers the Nobby to be the first true Warwick.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Thanks, jester!

Apparently Nobby was a bass salesman for Thomann music, who was introduced to HP by Hans Thomann. Not too much info past that, other than Nobby helped design it along with HP. All the while knowing it was based on Steinberger's design. As far as I know, it never was in legal trouble, like the original Streamer. I guess it was different enough. Even though HP made the "TV" bass before the Nobby Meidel, he considers the Nobby to be the first true Warwick.

I never wondered who Nobby Meidel was in the past and that's odd for me. Interesting story, especially since Thomann is related.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I never wondered who Nobby Meidel was in the past and that's odd for me. Interesting story, especially since Thomann is related.

For sure. I was the same way. I thought he was just already an employee and helped out with the design. There isn't much consistent info out there. With only of few articles/posts showing up when you Google him. And only a handful of threads talking about it, from the old forum mostly.

I'll have to do a comparison thread on the Nobby, like I did with the '85 JD. There's not even a Nobby Club. We'll have to change that :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom