Mec 3 Band Eq On A Warwick Artist Series?

Reaction score
Real Name
Orlando Naranjo
Hey everyone! Long time...

Dumb question: Can a MEC 3 band eq be installed on a artist series (Korean made) warwick bass?

I would like to change the stock 2 band eq it comes with for a 3 band eq (That's what I like on Warwicks without a doubt). Bass sounds nice as it is and it comes with a P/J config so I expect it to sound more like my SSI or II (more control over mids)

and can you point me out where to buy it online? they seem pretty expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Hey everyone! Long time...

Dumb question: Can a MEC 3 band eq be installed on a artist series (Korean made) warwick bass?

I would like to change the stock 2 band eq it comes with for a 3 band eq (That's what I like on Warwicks without a doubt). Bass sounds nice as it is and it comes with a P/J config so I expect it to sound more like my SSI or II (more control over mids)

and can you point me out where to buy it online? they seem pretty expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Hey @Orlan, for sure it should be able to accomodate a 3-band eq if it has 4 knobs, perhaps even with 3 it is possible (stacked volume/balance). You can find all the preamps on the warwick webshop and also banzaimusic.com, but the part is expensive, there is no way around that unless you find it used.

Reaction score
Real Name
Orlando Naranjo
Thanks! Yes, I forgot to mention it's 4 knobs (not stacked... so I should get one too if I want it more SS like)

Do you know which eq model it is? or does it have a model number? ;)

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Thanks! Yes, I forgot to mention it's 4 knobs (not stacked... so I should get one too if I want it more SS like)

Do you know which eq model it is? or does it have a model number? ;)

Here you go:

WARWICK BEC 3 El.f.Akt.PU 1V-BAL,1B,1MID,1 old model until 08-2002
WARWICK BEC 3 El.f.Akt.PU 1V-BAL,1B,1MID,1 new model from 09-2002

MEC M 60024-18
MEC M 60024-09

You should be fine with these. It seems the three band eq with four knob layout normally has a stacked Volume-Blend. There are two versions of this, the old preamp is 18V. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Orlando Naranjo
Thank you! That really helps.

and I see they also sell JAN III on their website... this bass will be going a nice mod ;)

Do you know other site seling Warwick knobs? they dont have any warwick knobs or tuners there

Reaction score
Real Name
Orlando Naranjo
Thanks, Jester! That has been a lot of help ;)

Fact is that I am upgrading this bass as I'll be selling my SSII (already sold my SSI and others) and will be listing in a while.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Thanks, Jester! That has been a lot of help ;)

Fact is that I am upgrading this bass as I'll be selling my SSII (already sold my SSI and others) and will be listing in a while.

Let us know how it went and how about some pics too after the upgrade (I suspect you will be changing hardware color). :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Orlando Naranjo
Sure I will post some pics when it is ready ;)

Your guess is right. I will be changing hardware too. The bass is black high polish so I will change chrome hardware to black. It's a SZ artist series.

Top Bottom