What are you listening to..ATM?

Reaction score
The song that cemented my respect for Robin Trower and forever enamored me of the Fender Stratocaster- recorded live in Stockholm in 1975-

Reaction score
Rickenbacker-friendly music-- these have nice discernible bass lines that run the gamut from melody to cool harmonic counterpoint-

Reaction score
Been transcribing some Little River Band

Diplomatic style I'll say it hasn't dated well.

Reaction score
Been transcribing some Little River Band

Diplomatic style I'll say it hasn't dated well.
Not a fan across the board but It's a Long Way There (uncut studio version) for me is an epic song. And Ric Formosa's razor sharp lead guitar really makes it stand out-

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
A very interesting traditional metal band I dug out. Apparently there's some kind of resurgence of underground traditional metal. Which I certainly have no objection with. I am the hammer lads.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
This tour de force of a piece was little-known in Zappa's lifetime, having only come out on the Piquantique "official bootleg". He may have abstained from releasing it because he reused several of the themes in later pieces, including "Greggary Peccary", "Cucamunga", and "The Be-Bop Tango". But since his death, the estate has released several live albums featuring this composition. This particular album is a real barn-burner from 1973. Definitely one of those Zappa albums that leans away from comedy and more towards virtuoso musical performances.

Reaction score
The Cult

Self titled album from 1993
Grab a 5 string bass, a plectrum, a distortion type pedal and a tube amp

I've done some bass charts in notation if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I was at a friend's last night. He had just won a brand new, 180 gram vinyl copy of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass. He put a brand new stylus cartridge on the turntable just for the occasion. I don't think I've ever heard a virgin stylus play a virgin record before. It sounded amazing. Not one crackle or pop anywhere.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

Been listening to this guy a lot lately. Nice stuff

Reaction score
I will say when I see the Who on a bass site I'm expecting a bearded nudist shouting.

Reactions: RIP
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeff Rath
I will say when I see the Who on a bass site I'm expecting a bearded nudist shouting.

No beards and no nudes ... but good old fashioned rock and roll

well maybe a little stubble

Top Bottom