=The Warwick Thumb Club=

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
JD's are very special. So lucky to have my sweet Stella. It just amazes me how thin and small it is, yet feels and plays so damn solid. It's unreal and makes me giddy with excitement every time I play it.

And yes, Cliffy. Really like the old Schaller bridge.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 2017 BO Pro Series Team Built bodies are Ovangkol?

And if they are, when did they stop using Bubinga?

Edit: Got it figured out, they are Ovangkol

Still wondering what year they switched from Bubinga to Ovangkol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well here it is!! I've been desperate for a NT thumb since I laid hands on my B.O around a year ago. I knew I wanted to try something as old as possible in either 5 or 6 and whilst I really wanted a 80's thumb the cost of shipping, exchange and taxes to Australia is just crazy. So I decided to purchase this monster!!

1994 Thumb NT6 with Seymour Duncan's and the 3 band 18v MEC pre.

It is incredible... very different beast to my bolt on.. richer and more polite and well rounded but still that in your face mid presence that's unmistakably thumb. I hope I can coax a slight bit more snarl out of it once I'm more used to it but I'm truly very happy a prefect match with the bark monster B.O lol. it's looks are darker and much more deep than the bolt on too but all in all its just a monstrous beast!!

1z1uqtx.jpg

2dbnejr.jpg

dvlzf4.jpg

bge78h.jpg

Totally in love!

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Well here it is!! I've been desperate for a NT thumb since I laid hands on my B.O around a year ago. I knew I wanted to try something as old as possible in either 5 or 6 and whilst I really wanted a 80's thumb the cost of shipping, exchange and taxes to Australia is just crazy. So I decided to purchase this monster!!

It is incredible... very different beast to my bolt on.. richer and more polite and well rounded but still that in your face mid presence that's unmistakably thumb. I hope I can coax a slight bit more snarl out of it once I'm more used to it but I'm truly very happy a prefect match with the bark monster B.O lol. it's looks are darker and much more deep than the bolt on too but all in all its just a monstrous beast!!

1z1uqtx.jpg

2dbnejr.jpg

dvlzf4.jpg

Totally in love!

Badassbass, enjoy my friend.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

1z1uqtx.jpg

2dbnejr.jpg

dvlzf4.jpg

bge78h.jpg

Totally in love!
Nice!

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Here's a new Thumb I just picked up.....I had a very hard time resisting this 2017 model in perfect condition for $1,399.00

Nice catch RIP. I see it's de ovangkol neck. :)

Reactions: RIP

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
OOF GAS but so cold hearted basses, but would match new band.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Nice guys. Always stoked to see the greatest bass ever made...played live :D

Reaction score
Loved my 2000 Thumb NT4 but the long scale made first position stretches too hard for me. So I asked my luthier to convert it to a medium scale bass by moving the nut up to the first fret. Now this is the perfect bass for me!

Warwick wanted over $5000 for a custom shop medium scale Thumb NT4. This conversion cost me under $250.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Loved my 2000 Thumb NT4 but the long scale made first position stretches too hard for me. So I asked my luthier to convert it to a medium scale bass by moving the nut up to the first fret. Now this is the perfect bass for me!

Warwick wanted over $5000 for a custom shop medium scale Thumb NT4. This conversion cost me under $250.

I'm surprised they offered to make you a neck through medium scale, normally this is only reserved for bolt-ons but I guess for the right price...

How does it sound compared to it's former 34" scale self? Did you change the type/gauge of strings you 're using?

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ohh that is some good ingenuity! Nice work!

JAN 2 with intact tabs is priceless :eek::D

Top Bottom