What are you listening to..ATM?

Reaction score
Monster solo from a young Benny Rietveld (of later Santana fame) when he played in Miles Davis's band in 1989 in Montreux and played a nice echo duet with Miles. This link is the whole concert so scroll to 1'38"40 or so to hear how it starts. Do listen from then all the way - there is so much bass fun. Love his octave pedal stuff. Stupendous right hand. Hang on after the bass solo, it gets good I promise

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
^I still haven't gotten into Glasper, but Common is one of my favorite rappers. Ironic seeing as I'm much more of a jazz guy than a hip-hopper.

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
^I still haven't gotten into Glasper, but Common is one of my favorite rappers. Ironic seeing as I'm much more of a jazz guy than a hip-hopper.
I hardly listen to hip-hop either ... but I love (modern) Jazz ... and Robert Glasper is da man, da musical genius, da Miles Davis of this new jazz era ...

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Still in my Dark Tranquillity phase... I think this is becoming permanent.

Reaction score
Thanks to the "fretless fascination" thread, just met this band... i´m amazed how good this project was.

Last edited:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Thanks to the "fretless fascination" thread, just met this band... i´m amazed how good this project was.

John Macaluso on the drums, he hits them like a lumberjack but is very effective:

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Another one from these two

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
Roy Ayers ... even if U don't know da man or if U don't like jazz I do all advise U to watch this vid ... besides that he is a great funk, soul, and jazz composer and vibrafone player, he is also famous for having more sampled hits by rappers than any other artist ... Tracks that Sampled Roy Ayers

Top Bottom