Incoming!!! (show Us Your New Stuff Before You Actually Have It)

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
At home I do to.....but I was thinking this would be good for the Bass also

That's what I'm hoping: that it will be useful for checking the batteries in an onboard preamp. I could see that being very handy.

Reactions: RIP
Reaction score
Real Name
Rehan
Incoming: 1991 Streamer Stage II 4 :D

E3D974E7-FC0C-4C7F-AEC1-027E5F5ED92D.jpeg

7B8A5FD8-A083-4625-AB83-AAD39B041027.jpeg

Attachments

• 553FB63E-54D1-456A-A4D0-C9BE0DE4958E.jpeg
    553FB63E-54D1-456A-A4D0-C9BE0DE4958E.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 358
  • A54B46B8-118E-402B-8DE1-8C4CFFB5B372.jpeg
    A54B46B8-118E-402B-8DE1-8C4CFFB5B372.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 356
Reaction score
I just order one of these battery testers for $20.00.....I'll let you know how good it works

View attachment 18546
I think you would be better off getting a multi-meter, they are more reliable and you can buy the pocket versions that hardly take up any room in your case for half the price that you pay for one of those testers.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I think you would be better off getting a multi-meter, they are more reliable and you can buy the pocket versions that hardly take up any room in your case for half the price that you pay for one of those testers.
Yeah i thought about that, but this has a 1/4 jack......easy peasy

Reaction score
Yeah i thought about that, but this has a 1/4 jack......easy peasy
I can understand your point RIP, it's just that a multi-meter can find faults on amplifiers, guitar looms, fuses etc etc. A multi-meter is not a one trick pony it has a variety of uses which makes it more than handy!

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I can understand your point RIP, it's just that a multi-meter can find faults on amplifiers, guitar looms, fuses etc etc. A multi-meter is not a one trick pony it has a variety of uses which makes it more than handy!
Very true....

I was just sold on the convenience.....hopefully it works okay

We'll see

Reaction score
Fingers crossed RIP........! But with all battery checks you are supposed to isolate the battery from the source before testing it,and that is what puts me off those testers.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
It should be a handy tool. When you connect it it should connect the battery to the preamp circuit so you can see if it holds voltage properly under load. But you need to have left the bass disconnected for a while before you test, just like you would with a multimeter, so that the battery gets a chance to go back to whatever voltage it can hold at that moment.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Very true....

I was just sold on the convenience.....hopefully it works okay

We'll see
So it works....and it works pretty good

It also can check batteries before installation on the side.

Also checks AA, rechargeable and Carbon Zinc batteries

To put it to the test on my Streamer, I checked the battery that was in it for like 6 months, it read 8.4V, took a new battery checked it before installation it read 9.5V, installed it, and it read 9.6V.......not perfect but close enough

Not bad for $20.00

20180212_180613.jpg

20180212_180818.jpg

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I just ordered a Peavy Headliner 210 400w for band practice use to go with a seldom used Ampeg PF500

I normally have used the rental studios back line. But it seems we are moving away from that

I could use one of my Hydrives, but honestly I don't want to beat them up just for practice

These are a $199.00 new and Peavy's are pretty indestructible....hopefully I'll see it by next Fri.

As a note....I'm pretty frugal. So I think this is a good buy

View attachment 18069
So I finally used this last night, and for $200.00 new I couldn't be happier.....it sounds great!

At over 50 lbs its a little on the heavy side but nothing a hand truck cant solve.

Anyone looking for a new cab for cheap , I definitely be looking at Peavey

peavy.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
So it works....and it works pretty good

It also can check batteries before installation on the side.

Also checks AA, rechargeable and Carbon Zinc batteries

To put it to the test on my Streamer, I checked the battery that was in it for like 6 months, it read 8.4V, took a new battery checked it before installation it read 9.5V, installed it, and it read 9.6V.......not perfect but close enough

Not bad for $20.00

View attachment 18566

View attachment 18567
Not bad RIP!........So you can also test 9 and 1.5 v batteries externally, which is an upgrade from the older models.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Not bad RIP!........So you can also test 9 and 1.5 v batteries externally, which is an upgrade from the older models.
Yeah.....I was pleasantly surprised.

It will never replace a multimeter, but not to bad for $20.00

Reaction score
mmm well I have gone a bit crazy of late...Like waay crazy..I moved to a very remote community and in my new job no longer pay rent so despite incredible fishing.. playing bass will take up a lot of my downtime (this is what I tell myself anyway). SOOOO my gear incoming list is stupid but lots of fun things ahead!

Carvin B2000 Head. N.O.S at a very good price and 1300W@ 4 ohms through a cab that can hopefully handle it is going to be pretty epic!
Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra. Cannot wait!!
Cioks Adam Link power supply
Boss Gt-1b multi-effects. I don't have any other effects except tone shaping so I wanted something cool but cheaper to explore what I like/will use (delay, verb, etc)
EMG BQC Preamp for my Spector- Electronics are loud and horrible-boost only rubbish and I'm really interested with all the tweaks this thing can do (cheap off ebay lol)
EMG 45JAX's again horrible passives in my Spector so these will hopefully be cool. Looking forward to kitting it out because it is a very fun bass to play but the electronics are so buzzy and non-responsive. (cheap off Ebay)

I was devastated to not be able to justify buying Lorenzo's incredible NT5. Such a great bass and bloke!! I really stuffed him around and he was so great to me. The cost of import duty and taxes plus shipping was close to 2/3 of the asking price of the bass and put it far over any equivalents in the market. Unfortunately I realised this after I had been saving for ages to buy it...ergh someone please buy this beauty!!

Anyway so my final purchase and last for a very long time!! Is a 1994 Thumb NT6. There was two Nt6 thumbs for sale in the world at the time I bought this (one crazy expensive one in Japan) and it just so happened to be in Australia from a warwick collector selling his collection. It wasn't cheap but it is old and looks like it should. Goes in the post today!!

Pics and thumb love to follow!

Top Bottom