The Late John Entwistle At Work

Reaction score
You just cannot beat The Ox, this is the Guy who totally transformed how to play the Bass Guitar, he is the reason why I started to play the Bass all those years ago and I am still today no where near to his standard of playing. But I will persevere!

Jay2U

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
You just cannot beat The Ox, this is the Guy who totally transformed how to play the Bass Guitar, he is the reason why I started to play the Bass all those years ago and I am still today no where near to his standard of playing. But I will persevere!
Same here with Geddy. I'll never ever reach his level. I'm fine with it, as I'm just a hobby player. Other bassists that made me choose the bass are Lemmy and Steve.

Reaction score
Well, it's also a huge compliment that John went from Alembic to Warwick- though I must admit that I loved that Explorer model one with the pointed headstock-

Here's a short promo vid on the Thunderfingers documentary-

Reaction score
Same here with Geddy. I'll never ever reach his level. I'm fine with it, as I'm just a hobby player. Other bassists that made me choose the bass are Lemmy and Steve.
Hey, the same might be said of Roger Waters or Nick Lowe, but it did nothing to dampen their bass experience-

Reaction score
I like John's right hand action on the very last chord he plays. It always puts a grin on my face........:)

I also like John's isolated Bass track of The Real Me from Quadrophenia.

Last edited:
Top Bottom