Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I'll add my newly re-fined 04' RB to this club

20170715_175524.jpg

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yours is an '04 as well? Interesting. Mine doesn't have the 'W' and has RockBass written up the headstock. Which month was yours made? Mine was March?
Mine was made in March to. So we basically have a set from the same litter :)

When I bought mine about 2 years ago it looked like somebody tried to scratch off the RB logo. It looked bad, So I painted that back then, and got a little W sticker made.

Reaction score
Real Name
Cliff Hairston

When I bought mine about 2 years ago it looked like somebody tried to scratch off the RB logo. It looked bad, So I painted that back then, and got a little W sticker made.
I was wondering if I somehow got one of the last of the Rockbass labelled ones before the W lol!! Pretty cool we both have March '04 basses, both 5s, and neither one of us are ever parting with them :)

Reactions: RIP

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking

Where did you get the sticker? I need one for my Fortress One, since they painted over the original logo.:(

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I was wondering if I somehow got one of the last of the Rockbass labelled ones before the W lol!! Pretty cool we both have March '04 basses, both 5s, and neither one of us are ever parting with them :)
I know, its like I found my long lost brother or something!! And I love the "Burst" on your Fortress. I think if mine was the same as yours I wouldn't have done a re-fin.....I just didn't like that cherry color on mine

But yeah, I'll never get rid of this Fortress, its kind of a magical bass for me. It sounds great, its super comfortable and well balanced. There's not one thing I don't like about it.

Warwick needs to put these back into production

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Where did you get the sticker? I need one for my Fortress One, since they painted over the original logo.:(
There's a little place at a shopping mall that makes custom stickers by my house. They just download an image from the internet, size it, change the color to what you want and presto! And it only cost about $5.00 for two of them, so I didn't think that was to bad

Reaction score
Real Name
Cliff Hairston
I know, its like I found my long lost brother or something!! And I love the "Burst" on your Fortress. I think if mine was the same as yours I wouldn't have done a re-fin.....I just didn't like that cherry color on mine

But yeah, I'll never get rid of this Fortress, its kind of a magical bass for me. It sounds great, its super comfortable and well balanced. There's not one thing I don't like about it.

Warwick DEFINITELY needs to put them back in production!! One thought I always had was doing a Fortress with the Thumb pickup setup. I'm still tempted to make my own body out of one of the native woods here in NZ (either swamp Kauri or Rimu) and transplant the electronics into it with the Thumb 5 string setup for the jazz pickups and see how it sounds.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Warwick DEFINITELY needs to put them back in production!! One thought I always had was doing a Fortress with the Thumb pickup setup. I'm still tempted to make my own body out of one of the native woods here in NZ (either swamp Kauri or Rimu) and transplant the electronics into it with the Thumb 5 string setup for the jazz pickups and see how it sounds.
I think that is an awesome idea!!

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
There's a little place at a shopping mall that makes custom stickers by my house. They just download an image from the internet, size it, change the color to what you want and presto! And it only cost about $5.00 for two of them, so I didn't think that was to bad
Thanks for the info. I will check into having a sticker made.

Reaction score

Another reason to come to Chch NZ bro!

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
That would be one heck of a trip....come down there and hang with you guys!

Reaction score
Real Name
Cliff Hairston
That would be one heck of a trip....come down there and hang with you guys!
12 hours from either SFO or LAX to Auckland (actually closer to 11 hours most of the time), then 90 minutes down to here :)

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
12 hours from either SFO or LAX to Auckland (actually closer to 11 hours most of the time), then 90 minutes down to here :)
I've always wanted to go to Australia....I might have to think about this

Reaction score
Real Name
Cliff Hairston
I'm out at Sth Brighton
Nice here when it's not flooding
I'm over in Bishopdale. We really will have to get together at some stage and jam a bit. It's been so long since I played with another bassist that I almost forgot how much fun it could be.

Reaction score
Yep. I'm weather dependent on work so when it's raining like this I'm generally available
Next week is supposed to be pants

Top Bottom