New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here. They call me Jay, so you may. I was born in The Netherlands in 1960.

In my teens I played keyboard, just as a hobby. In the 80's I volunteered as a deejay in a youth bar, where I also organized gigs for starting bands. Every time I saw a band gigging, I thought, if I'd play an instrument it would be the bass.

In the 90's I became father of a son. At the age of 8 he wanted to play guitar, so I bought him a cheap acoustic. A few years later he wanted an electric guitar plus lessons. We went to a large music store and I bought him a nice Ibanez. There it happened... My eye fell on the basses. GAS! Back then I didn't know what GAS was, but MEGA GAS!!! I took some basses from the wall to feel and try. I didn't buy one. Instead I tried my son's guitar to find out whether to buy a bass. A little voice in my head kept saying: "Buy one, buy one...". So, being 50 already, I bought a bass. I taught myself how to play. To do so, I watched videos and found some cool bass forums...

In real life I've got a very technical job with enough science to keep me awake.

So now you know! I don't think I'll ever stop playing the bass...
Welcome aboard Jay!!

Reaction score
Hi there, Michele from Italy.
After 25 years of playing and owning about 30 different instruments (4, 5, 6 strings.. name a brand and there are high chances I've owned it) I'm here because I have a brand new GPS Thumb BO 5 in my hands. Pretty impressed with it and hope it will stay...
Michele, we’ve already met on other threads, but allow me to welcome you to our world...

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here. They call me Jay, so you may. I was born in The Netherlands in 1960.

In my teens I played keyboard, just as a hobby. In the 80's I volunteered as a deejay in a youth bar, where I also organized gigs for starting bands. Every time I saw a band gigging, I thought, if I'd play an instrument it would be the bass.

In the 90's I became father of a son. At the age of 8 he wanted to play guitar, so I bought him a cheap acoustic. A few years later he wanted an electric guitar plus lessons. We went to a large music store and I bought him a nice Ibanez. There it happened... My eye fell on the basses. GAS! Back then I didn't know what GAS was, but MEGA GAS!!! I took some basses from the wall to feel and try. I didn't buy one. Instead I tried my son's guitar to find out whether to buy a bass. A little voice in my head kept saying: "Buy one, buy one...". So, being 50 already, I bought a bass. I taught myself how to play. To do so, I watched videos and found some cool bass forums...

In real life I've got a very technical job with enough science to keep me awake.

So now you know! I don't think I'll ever stop playing the bass...
Welcome Jay-

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
We have very strict rules here on the forum:

1. Don't be an asshole.

That's about it.

Altho, I like to be an asshole intentionally now and then... So far I have been able to contain that pretty much over here.
(When I do give in to that urge I usually end up playing guitar somehow).

Ugh.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new here. Just wanted to introduce myself. Looking forward to participating here. :) Also a current member of the soon to be defunct Low End Friends.
Good to see you BIP, glad you made it over here man!!

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Does this mean I'm banned already? :D
Beef I've know you for a while now, and I don't think your capable of being an A-hole......even if you tried

Sorry, but you just don't have that ability :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Beef I've know you for a while now, and I don't think your capable of being an A-hole......even if you tried

Sorry, but you just don't have that ability :)

Aw shucks RIP, you're gonna make me blush. :D

Reactions: RIP
Reaction score
Thanks Paul.

I think the Kiesel JB series are essentially the SBs in a different shape. But I also think a big part of the SB appeal was the distinctive shape. I know I wanted one too.

Right now I'm really gassing for one of their new headless (Vader) basses.

A cat here in NZ just received his matching pair sea foam green Vader 6 and 7 string electric guitars
He seems very happy

Top Bottom