New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Welcome aboard man. Carvin makes some nice stuff, really wanted a SB4000 they discontinued em so quick, hard to find one now

Thanks Paul.

I think the Kiesel JB series are essentially the SBs in a different shape. But I also think a big part of the SB appeal was the distinctive shape. I know I wanted one too.

Right now I'm really gassing for one of their new headless (Vader) basses.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Hello everybody. My buddy @RIP just hipped me to this place.

I'm in my mid 40s, been playing since I was a teen, and I'm really into funk, jazz, and avant-garde stuff. I mainly play Carvins, but have a few other basses too. I also like effects pedals.

I use this screen name on a lot of forums, and am sometimes known by the nickname "Beef". (Bassist4Eris = B4E = Beefery. Beef for short).

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

Welcome Beef!

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks Paul.

I think the Kiesel JB series are essentially the SBs in a different shape. But I also think a big part of the SB appeal was the distinctive shape. I know I wanted one too.

Right now I'm really gassing for one of their new headless (Vader) basses.

Yes, it was the body shape (sexy!) and tone that made me want one.

verb

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi there, Michele from Italy.
After 25 years of playing and owning about 30 different instruments (4, 5, 6 strings.. name a brand and there are high chances I've owned it) I'm here because I have a brand new GPS Thumb BO 5 in my hands. Pretty impressed with it and hope it will stay...

Welcome Michele

Hello everybody. My buddy @RIP just hipped me to this place.

I'm in my mid 40s, been playing since I was a teen, and I'm really into funk, jazz, and avant-garde stuff. I mainly play Carvins, but have a few other basses too. I also like effects pedals.

I use this screen name on a lot of forums, and am sometimes known by the nickname "Beef". (Bassist4Eris = B4E = Beefery. Beef for short).

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

Welcome Beef

Hello Peeps! I am new to the forum.

Welcome Briton

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi

I'm from New Zealand and I'm fucking hopLess on computers but slightly better on bass

I was directed here from B247 then Low End Friends

Cheers.
Foal, what's up my friend....glad to see you made it over to the Good Vibe Zone!

verb

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi

I'm from New Zealand and I'm fucking hopLess on computers but slightly better on bass

I was directed here from B247 then Low End Friends

Cheers.

Hi, and welcome

Jay2U

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here. They call me Jay, so you may. I was born in The Netherlands in 1960.

In my teens I played keyboard, just as a hobby. In the 80's I volunteered as a deejay in a youth bar, where I also organized gigs for starting bands. Every time I saw a band gigging, I thought, if I'd play an instrument it would be the bass.

In the 90's I became father of a son. At the age of 8 he wanted to play guitar, so I bought him a cheap acoustic. A few years later he wanted an electric guitar plus lessons. We went to a large music store and I bought him a nice Ibanez. There it happened... My eye fell on the basses. GAS! Back then I didn't know what GAS was, but MEGA GAS!!! I took some basses from the wall to feel and try. I didn't buy one. Instead I tried my son's guitar to find out whether to buy a bass. A little voice in my head kept saying: "Buy one, buy one...". So, being 50 already, I bought a bass. I taught myself how to play. To do so, I watched videos and found some cool bass forums...

In real life I've got a very technical job with enough science to keep me awake.

So now you know! I don't think I'll ever stop playing the bass...

Top Bottom