Cool Films You've Seen Lately

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Steve Vai going nuts in that movie is fun. The whole guitar battle is him.

Reactions: RIP

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Steve Vai going nuts in that movie is fun. The whole guitar battle is him.
No kidding, I love that part......BTW Paul im going to go see that Stu Hamm gig I was talking about the other day tonight. I'll post something in the "Upcoming Shows" thread later

Sorry for the derail

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I had some good-silly laughs this weekend with The Interview.

Reaction score
Haha! "Alien:Covenant" was just as bad as "Prometheus" - it`s riddled with an absolutley useless crew, that makes every decision in the movie painful to watch. James Franco was happy to go first, I can imagine. It`s a two on the dice from me!

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Haven't seen this in a long time. Great movie and a reminder of the story about Robert Johnson and his supposed deal with the devil at the Crossroads

I had this on VHS, and I literrally tore the tape down by multiple watching, especially the end Duel. Yes, it's Vai that plays all parts. But throughout the movie, the guitar parts are played by Ry Cooder. Awesome movie, I really loved it.

I also watched - being very late - The Dictator with Sascha Baron Cohen. I laughed my ass off, it's rude, politically incorrect, but the speech at the end is a true sarcastic gem.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I had this on VHS, and I literrally tore the tape down by multiple watching, especially the end Duel. Yes, it's Vai that plays all parts. But throughout the movie, the guitar parts are played by Ry Cooder. Awesome movie, I really loved it.

I also watched - being very late - The Dictator with Sascha Baron Cohen. I laughed my ass off, it's rude, politically incorrect, but the speech at the end is a true sarcastic gem.
Sascha is a crack up, I loved Borat to.....I found out a while back that he is married to that nympo from the Wedding Crashers.

It must be a fun marriage!

nim.png

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
So I saw IT last week. Pretty decent, some good shocks, overall kept me entertained. Best part is they didnt try and clean it up too much for a PG13 rating and kept it at R

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Same here, saw IT yesterday. Very decent, close enough to the book. I was VERY disappointed about the adult part being left out until I understood it was only the first chapter :)

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yes Henry, they said they thought it would be too confusing and difficult to try and do both child and adult sides at the same time.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I just watched Kung Fu Hustle.....man, what an awesome flick this was!

Reaction score
I like Besson’s Le Femme Nikita- have seen it many times-

I really like Eric Serra’s soundtracks and imagery of these two scenes in particular -

There are two things without limit- feminity and the ability to take advantage of it.

My kind of woman!

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
A couple of new movies I seen lately were the new Thor movie which I thought was really good and I also went and seen Justice League. Justice League didn't get real good reviews but I like those kind of movies so I thought it was pretty good....but Thor was pretty awesome!

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thor was awesome, more of a comedy instead of a dark superhero thing.
I just watched Split the other day, pretty cool movie.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
This movie is completely insane:

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hardy I think I would puke if I watched that lol

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hardy I think I would puke if I watched that lol

That is not totally unprobable. After this movie and especially the orgy of violence at the end your brain needs a timeout. The interesting thing is that it works to stay in the first person view for the whole time.

Reaction score
Not a film but cool TV series by BBC 1-

Some cool early-70’s music references in the soundtrack as well as a cameo of then-alive Marc Bolan in one episode (via an actor’s interpretation)

Dazed

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I caught The Hangover again this weekend. Some very funny shit in there.

Top Bottom