=The Warwick Thumb Club=

Reaction score
Post-Cites Bubinga Thumb NT 5 Fretless awaits-- unboxing imminent!

s
Thumb NT 5 Awaits.JPG

Bubinga Thumb NT 5 fretless unboxing imminent!

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thx Hoggles! The weight difference between the 3 is amazing lol

Reaction score
Sorry but I've been too ADD to set up a video- so here you have it blow by blow in pics... Pardon the clutter-- I've been working a lot and was in the middle of doing the laundry, and it is on a sailboat...

Though it was late, I checked her out and the action is phenomenal-- I had heard rumors but did not imagine it was that good.

Warwick Packing Label.jpg

NT 5 Box Open.jpg

NT 5 Under Wraps.jpg

NT 5 Leather Case.jpg

NT 5 Under Veil.jpg

Meet Miss Eva Karr-Bronck.
NT 5 in Case.jpg

Thumb NT 5 Cerificate.jpg

Reaction score
42d3463940376ffbea2290aacf779fd3.jpg
eb32af4288b13f16051f9cf6577f96a4.jpg

I guess I can officially apply for membership. I picked this bad boy up almost two weeks ago (just 14 hours shy) and it's a monster. I still have not actually played it plugged in, since I'm working on the road and ampless in Los Angeles. I can tell from the felt resonance in the neck and body that it's gonna KILL. It's a '97, is in PERFECT condition and I'm the 2nd owner. Steal of a price, too. What a blessing. Can't wait to sneak it back home and hope it goes unnoticed. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just got to play it plugged in for the first time last night. And what they say is true: a Thumb sounds like a Thumb. And I'm completely in love.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Sorry but I've been too ADD to set up a video- so here you have it blow by blow in pics... Pardon the clutter-- I've been working a lot and was in the middle of doing the laundry, and it is on a sailboat...

Though it was late, I checked her out and the action is phenomenal-- I had heard rumors but did not imagine it was that good.

WOW! Congrats Ecto!!!! Stunning!

I can't imagine there are many Wicks, let alone Thumbs, on sailboats.... This makes me happy.

Have fun!! :D

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

View attachment 17468

View attachment 17462

View attachment 17463

View attachment 17464

View attachment 17465

View attachment 17466

View attachment 17467
Those pictures are like looking at a Playboy magazine for the first time....I just can't stop looking!!

Reaction score
Those pictures are like looking at a Playboy magazine for the first time....I just can't stop looking!!

I suppose in that context my post was more a striptease than unboxing! The veil was a nice touch I thought.

Thank you for your kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Anybody have real world experience with tonal differences between an ovangkol-bodied Thumb and a maple-bodied Thumb?

Reaction score
Real Name
Frank
My Bleached Blonde is weaker in the mids, but more crispi in the highs, slightly less growl in the lower area than the Ovangkol Bodied. (The Blonde is a 4String, the Ovangkol-Thumb a 5er)
I can not tell how much difference is caused by the different pickup positions

Florin

OG
Reaction score

View attachment 17468

View attachment 17462

View attachment 17463

View attachment 17464

View attachment 17465

View attachment 17466

View attachment 17467
Beautiful instrument, mate!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
My Bleached Blonde is weaker in the mids, but more crispi in the highs, slightly less growl in the lower area than the Ovangkol Bodied. (The Blonde is a 4String, the Ovangkol-Thumb a 5er)
I can not tell how much difference is caused by the different pickup positions
Pickup position has a pretty big influence in sound. Being an electric thing, probably the biggest influence :)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hehehe!!!! BTW, I wand more of your novel!!!! I am forced to re read the tin drum now to keep me busy :)

Top Bottom