=The Warwick Thumb Club=

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Quick question for you. Do you notice a difference in tone between the plain JAN and the brass JAN? I'm trying to decide whether I'm goin to buy a brass one from Thomann or just source the normal JAN3 from here since my JAN2 has the usual broken post.

I notice the difference. No doubt. Plus the brass nut just looks cool. My '04, '06 & '07 all got the upgrade. I highly recommend it.

Reaction score
Real Name
Cliff Hairston
I think I'll just have to do that :) I'll upgrade my RB Fortress as well.

Reaction score
I put brass nuts on all my basses, even my acoustic Alien has one. Don't notice any sound difference but they look awesome and will never break.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Once my $$ Vette gets one, all three of my Warwicks will have a brass nut. My p-bass with Moses neck is gonna get one, too. I noticed more treble in my Streamer STD even before I added the ovangkol top myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
Made the mistake of selling this one.

qo2csp3kdvqk4yrqaixv.jpg

Reaction score
Changed strings on my Thumb PS 5 FL to DR Black Beauties.

Before:
2017-07-13 20.55.17.jpg

After:
2017-07-13 21.33.48.jpg

Now I'm considering changing the rest of the hardware out for black versions as well...

Reaction score
What have y'all done with your Thumb lately? Have a set of Sadowsky Black flatwounds on the way for my fretless Thumb. I don't wanna chew up the fretboard running rounds. Bandmates also demand I play the fretless exclusively now as they love the sound as compared to the fretted Thumb.

Reaction score
May be the picture, but that poor Thumb is screaming for a cleaning/waxing...

That was the picture of that bass before I actually bought it (and the only one while it had the Black Beauties on it). Guy I bought it from kinda neglected it. I completely stripped it down and deep cleaned it once it got home. Waxed regularly now. Happy Thumb!

Reaction score
Yes, yes you did.

Get it back

Unfortunately, I have a growing list of "ones that got away". Everything was perfect about the CS NT 6, except the weight. It was so heavy that my right leg would fall asleep after playing for a short time. I imagine this also contributed to its huge sound.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Sorry if I sounded a little bit harsh in my last post, wasn't my intention. I see you did a great caring job on that Thumb, look how it shines! :)

Reaction score
Thanks, Nacho. I'm learning as I go but I enjoy the process of keeping my Thumbs waxed and clean.

Top Bottom