Rockbass Streamer STD 5 pickups issue?

Reaction score
Until we hear an official reply from Warwick or MEC as to which pickups set are faulty(the 1.6k ones or the 6.2k ones).
I leave my fellow Rockbass Streamer Standard 5 with this suggestion.May you find this useful.

Warwick RockBass Streamer Std 5 pot mod.jpg

Reaction score
Hello Florin Sir,

Any feedback yet about the topic from Warwick and MEC? Should I ask my client to return the faulty pickup set in return for a correct set from your dealer (JS Music Sdn Bhd).

I need to also know from fellow forumers which other brands makes fitting replacement.

Thanks
yustech

Reaction score
Hello,

It's nearly 2 years but I still look forward for a win win solution for both Warwick and their consumer about this matter.

Thanks
yustech

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello,

It's nearly 2 years but I still look forward for a win win solution for both Warwick and their consumer about this matter.

Thanks
yustech

This forum has no official tie to Warwick. You'll want to email Warwick support and/or go through the dealer it was purchased from.... JS Music Sdn Bhd.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Wow, you are persistent. Still happy with the bass, then?

Yes I have to be persistance,as you know some of us has a set of RB pickups that measures at 1k.I have this client that has his set at 1.6k and another with 6.2k.Then recently had received an email from France whom an RB owner also with his set of 4.5k.Before that one person email asking me which good.I reply by telling him to buy a DMM then check all RB in the store.Buy only the one that has 6.2k DC Resistance or higher .

I honestly feel Warwick is being unfair and unprofessional as I don't think MEC makes irregular pickups unless MEC themself has production issues pertaining this pickup itself or ordered by Warwick to do so.I cannot file any claim at MEC as they are Warwick vendor.I left two inquiry about this MEC actual DC Resistance but no reply was given. Bartolini despite being reluctant to give out their pickup spec was more helpful later on compared to this MEC.Wow! MEC must be very busy to attend any inquiry? Warwick should have taken this opportunity to make this right as everyone is getting the same deal but not the same tone. A set of 6.2k pickups ship to me on behalf of my client could make Warwick be seen as having a very high concern about their products quality and customer care service.

I'm just reporting this as it is.I'm more than happy to return the faulty MEC pickups to their authorised dealer here in exchange for the good one. Wouldn't Warwick like to know how or why this happen randomly to some of us? Oh wait,they must be as busy as MEC too then. I don't think its at any loss to Warwick if they decide to take the positive initiative in fact in the long run it'll be inviting for any potential bassist to own a Wick even if it's just an RB model to begin with.

I'm also currently jotting records on how many RB owner are affected by this fiasco.hope you RB owner this model in particular could email me some info of your RB version,year and serial.
I will try to help you too by emailing Warwick on behalf.Let's make this a win for manufacturer,dealers and bass players.

Thanks
yustech

Last edited:
Reaction score
This forum has no official tie to Warwick. You'll want to email Warwick support and/or go through the dealer it was purchased from.... JS Music Sdn Bhd.

[email protected]

This RB was not made by JS Music and they don't stock the pickups.It's made by Warwick.Let's be clear about that before one of us makes a fool of one self.
I suggest you take a ruler and measure the pickup dimension.You'll know what I mean after.

Thanks
yustech

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Customers can settle their problems through the dealer. Dealer settles it through the distributor, who should have parts in stock for any repairs.

This is how it works with most brands, especially the cheaper lines.

Reaction score
Customers can settle their problems through the dealer. Dealer settles it through the distributor, who should have parts in stock for any repairs.

This is how it works with most brands, especially the cheaper lines.

Sir, the thing is this bass was bought long ago and its already has faulty pickups from the start.The dealer don't know about this and the client only knows about it after he met a tech(me).Dealer is at no fault at all.I don't I have to tell you who is.It's quiet obvious.

Cheaper or expensive has nothing to do with this.That only applies on the condition or hierarchy of the instrument itself.Would you pay the full amount for a faulty product? while another person paid the same but its in full working order.We are talking about defected electronics here.If its the pot then I can understand but who makes pickups that couldn't last at least for a decade.Do you know anybody that does this? I think we do now.

Thank
yustech

Last edited:

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
This RB was not made by JS Music and they don't stock the pickups.It's made by Warwick.Let's be clear about that before one of us makes a fool of one self.
I suggest you take a ruler and measure the pickup dimension.You'll know what I mean after.

Thanks
yustech

JS Music doesn't make Warwicks?? What?! Thanks for clarifying that :cool:

I'll try not to make a fool of myself :rolleyes:

Sir, the thing is this bass was bought long ago and its already has faulty pickups from the start.The dealer don't know about this and the client only knows about it after he met a tech(me).Dealer is at no fault at all.I don't I have to tell you who is.It's quiet obvious.

Cheaper or expensive has nothing to do with this.That only applies on the condition or hierarchy of the instrument itself.Would you pay the full amount for a faulty product? while another person paid the same but its in full working order.We are talking about defected electronics here.If its the pot then I can understand but who makes pickups that couldn't last at least for a decade.Do you know anybody that does this? I think we do now.

Thank
yustech

You're right, it is quite obvious who's at fault. That would be the person who purchased it, or maybe yourself for not going through the proper channels nearly 1.5 years ago. It's that simple. People on here told you then, the forum was not the place to resolve a faulty pup. And people on here obviously didn't have the answer you were looking for regarding resistance. As Florence mentioned in her email to you...these RB Streamers have very low output to begin with. That's normal. Some people find it hard to believe...but it is.

You should have gone back to JS Music, or wherever it was purchased from and initiated a fix or return/replacement, if you believed there was a faulty pup and not just normal low output. Or contact Warwick and follow their instructions. That's how it works. It's clear you have a grudge against Warwick....but it seems a bit misguided. Plain and simply it's out of Warranty and should have been dealt with sooner. All manufactures have faulty products from time to time. MEC electronics have proven to be no less reliable than any other brand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
JS Music doesn't make Warwicks?? What?! Thanks for clarifying that :cool:

I'll try not to make a fool of myself :rolleyes:

You're right, it is quite obvious who's at fault. That would be the person who purchased it, or maybe yourself for not going through the proper channels nearly 1.5 years ago. It's that simple. People on here told you then, the forum was not the place to resolve a faulty pup. And people on here obviously didn't have the answer you were looking for regarding resistance. As Florence mentioned in her email to you...these RB Streamers have very low output to begin with. That's normal. Some people find it hard to believe...but it is.

You should have gone back to JS Music, or wherever it was purchased from and initiated a fix or return/replacement, if you believed there was a faulty pup and not just normal low output. Or contact Warwick and follow their instructions. That's how it works. It's clear you have a grudge against Warwick....but it seems a bit misguided. Plain and simply it's out of Warranty and should have been dealt with sooner. All manufactures have faulty products from time to time. MEC electronics have proven to be no less reliable than any other brand.

A good example of a person disability to comprehend Profit,Loss,Victim,Impartiality,Vote of Confidence,Sentiment,Awareness,Justice and Solution. There for how you perceive about this are un debatable and un challenge by me.Thumbs up.

Thanks
yustech

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I've no clue...but whatever that combination of words means to you.... I'll take it to heart.

Cheers

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
A word of warning yustech... Attacks on a personal level are not tolerated here. Please refrain from doing so.

It is clear you think that Rockbasses are bad and that Warwick do not care about their customers. You base this on your personal opinion.

All very fine, no problem.

Fact remains that customers have to settle problems through the dealer. This is where the discussion ends.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Fact is you should had settle your problem with the bass through the proper channel. Hint: this forum IS NOT the proper channel. Period.

If you keep attacking people just because they are giving you their oppinion, you will be banned. I´m telling you this as a fellow forumer and as a moderator. Have a nice day.

Reaction score
I would like to express my deepest apology to everyone that found this thread or my post to be highly disturbing and offensive .I am truly sorry

Thanks
Yustech

Reaction score
Too bad I haven't found this one earlier. Would've probably tried switching to 500k pots.
I got '02 RockBass (That's the first year of RB series I guess) and I always hated the low output. Looks like both of my pickups are ~1.7k.
My guess that there were just a few revisions of MEC Vintage Humbuckers. Mine got only 2 wires and 1.6k resistance. I saw some pickups with 4 wires on the net and probably different resistance.
I guess MEC just haven't bothered with releasing tech specs for different revisions, since they're used in RB Streamer Standart's only anyway.
Not sure how mine is wired tho. Sounds more like parallel to me, but they could just sound different in general, compared to the other humbukers (and it would make them 3.4k top anyway)

Reaction score
Too bad I haven't found this one earlier. Would've probably tried switching to 500k pots.
I got '02 RockBass (That's the first year of RB series I guess) and I always hated the low output. Looks like both of my pickups are ~1.7k.
My guess that there were just a few revisions of MEC Vintage Humbuckers. Mine got only 2 wires and 1.6k resistance. I saw some pickups with 4 wires on the net and probably different resistance.
I guess MEC just haven't bothered with releasing tech specs for different revisions, since they're used in RB Streamer Standart's only anyway.
Not sure how mine is wired tho. Sounds more like parallel to me, but they could just sound different in general, compared to the other humbukers (and it would make them 3.4k top anyway)

According to the official warwick email to me dated 18thDec2015,they used weak pickups in 2011 and then switched to high DC Resistance in 2014.I don't know how the spec was pre 2011.I guess someone is busted now haa but I cannot divulge any names as I fear of being ban from here.I must care for the feelings of many readers and players but I share your disappointment hoping you'll find a solution.I'm sure not all suffers the same flaws ops I mean vintage tones.As for me.I don't make up the facts.I just report them.Again I'm not accusing anyone here of back pedalling or that sort.

Hit me an email.I'm gathering records on the actual numbers of Rockbass Streamer Std 5 with this fantastic pickup tones.

The truth is out there
yustech

Reaction score
According to the official warwick email to me dated 18thDec2015,they used weak pickups in 2011 and then switched to high DC Resistance in 2014.I don't know how the spec was pre 2011.I guess someone is busted now haa but I cannot divulge any names as I fear of being ban from here.I must care for the feelings of many readers and players but I share your disappointment hoping you'll find a solution.I'm sure not all suffers the same flaws ops I mean vintage tones.As for me.I don't make up the facts.I just report them.Again I'm not accusing anyone here of back pedalling or that sort.

Hit me an email.I'm gathering records on the actual numbers of Rockbass Streamer Std 5 with this fantastic pickup tones.

The truth is out there
yustech
Actually it wasn't that bad most of the time. Pickups were totally noiseless, so I could crank the gain pretty high without any noise. I got external preamp (AMT BC-1) for live shows and the tone was pretty damn good with this bass. It brought more control to massive amount of low-mids that vintage humbackers got and gave me nice metallic crunch on drive channel.
DI signal was pretty bad tho. VERY low, plain boring and distortion-unfriendly. But I managed to record and mix somewhat ok bass tone out of it on the whole deathcore album anyway.
But in the end I decided to turn that bass into a small frankenstein project, did a bit of routing and got a pair of EMG 40HZ. So I guess that was my solution in the end.
But with that said some part of me misses that old sound sometimes.. It sounded wierd, but I totally loved solid low-mids and clanky hi-mids in it.

Top Bottom