Tech 21 Sansamp Programmable Bddi

Serbian Bassist
Reaction score
This new driver makes me wonder how it would be nice to find band, start playing again and "must have to" buy new version 2 for sleeping Thumb BO BN6.

Any users ?

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Hey, I just saw it´s a new version with Mid knob and freq selection for Bass and Mid. Cool!

Serbian Bassist
Reaction score
:)

Yes, that is the deal with this Thread, there is NEW VERSION :)
I wonder if anyone here use Version 2 ?

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I think they have just anounced it, don´t think it is even on store shelves yet. ;)

Reaction score
Real Name
Anton
tried old sansamp few times and sansamp rbi...
rbi was slightly better but DG B7K\B3K\B7Kultra sounds much better imho

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
And now this discussion is connected with that review :)
how cool is that?
I just noticed it, very nice feature.

tried old sansamp few times and sansamp rbi...
rbi was slightly better but DG B7K\B3K\B7Kultra sounds much better imho
I haven´t tried the B7K or Vintage, only the B3K, and I liked my Sansamp more.

Serbian Bassist
Reaction score
Long time no see :)

I got SansAmp BDDI2 some 7 months ago.
Thumb BO BN6 got quite better with this piece of equipment: Ordinary (no bassist) people started to ask me what bass am I playing and arguing that it sounds so great :)
If I can put it this way, Warwick sounds furious with this piece of metal. It took me few months to set it, but now it sounds furious like my old StingRay and still it is unique Warwick growling sound.
I couldn't be more satisfied with this preamp.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Long time no see :)

I got SansAmp BDDI2 some 7 months ago.
Thumb BO BN6 got quite better with this piece of equipment: Ordinary (no bassist) people started to ask me what bass am I playing and arguing that it sounds so great :)
If I can put it this way, Warwick sounds furious with this piece of metal. It took me few months to set it, but now it sounds furious like my old StingRay and still it is unique Warwick growling sound.
I couldn't be more satisfied with this preamp.

I used to own it (the deluxe version with the two channels). I liked it a lot but was kind of disappointed with the quality of the foot switches. They used to fail on me all the time and I had to replace them. Perhaps I stomped on it too hard. How has yours been durability-wise?

Serbian Bassist
Reaction score
Well, this man "davidsinrocks" (YouTube player) made me buy this one. I met him and found that his basses ain't so good at all if not plugged in BDDI deluxe. His Verona jazz bass sounds magnificent with BDDI deluxe and not good at all without it.

And David himself told me not to buy deluxe, he had some reasons.
So, no problems at all with the device so far..
The other important point, maby more important for this matter: It stays always turned on, I touch foot switch only before and after the show/rehearsal.

Serbian Bassist
Reaction score
Although he used to change basses during the show, passive Verona jazz and active StingRay, he used the same setting for both (not logic from my point of view but it is true). Nor he ever used dual input for holding both instruments online.
So, his advice was to go for no deluxe version.

No issues with the quality of the foot switches.
And mine reason is- no version 2 for Deluxe, still. And version 2 has some good improvements.

Top Bottom