Product news 2016

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It´s also not unusual for truss rod covers.

New product catalogue is online btw. Now we know more about the Rex Brown signature series. I´m glad they don´t have the beak headstock. Otherwise I would have to start to collect cash to get one...

The Lee Sklar signature is a funny thing! Sandberg did this before, but they are not Warwick.

http://www.warwick.de/en/Warwick---...--Masterbuilt--News-2016--Catalogue-2016.html

Reaction score
Woah, I must say, the 2016 limited edition looks very different in these pictures compared to the ones from Facebook previously shown on this forum!

Sean Fairchild

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Real Name
Ex: Wickinseatle
Whoops, misprint in the new product PDF regarding the new preamp's frequency centers.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Whoops, misprint in the new product PDF regarding the new preamp's frequency centers.

Misprint? MISPRINT??? THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN AT WARWICK!!! THAT´S WHAT MY COUCH DOC SAYS!!! HE IS NEVER WRONG!!! NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Point us to them? Seems so simple and obvious it's not hard to imagine it's been done, and maybe I got the idea from seeing it at one point, but a good idea is a good idea. It would go great with these new covers!

http://www.edroman.com/techarticles/magnetic_cavity_covers.html

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=148&t=1195285

There are more results out there. Like you, I know I'd seen it before, but couldn't remember who/where I saw it, so I cheated and Googled :x

I like the idea of using a modification of Warwick's spring-loaded units (some that you push to release. think ball-point pen with the clicker to extend/retract the tip) along with the magnets, so you have magnets holding the cover flush, but push on one or more areas and it pops up to allow you to remove it. That way, you don't have to use anything (a pick?) to pop the cover up and release it from the magnets.

Neat ideas. I'm cool with the plastic cover, but like the touch of custom the matching wood cover adds, even if you have to remove a couple screws.

Curtis

Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)
Reaction score
About the back plate. Framus already has a wooden cover for electronics. The little things are like springs. You still have to screw the plate, but you can make it exactly on the same level as the body.

Reaction score
Misprint? MISPRINT??? THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN AT WARWICK!!! THAT´S WHAT MY COUCH DOC SAYS!!! HE IS NEVER WRONG!!! NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic. Either way this made me LOL.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I am always serious! "Serious" is my second name! First name is "Un". Family name is "Lee".

Reaction score
So do you go by Uh or by Serious when introducing yourself? I'm being totally SERIOUS!!!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I don´t introduce myself. People just whisper "That´s Him!!!" when they see me. Don´t ask me why. I´m not this "Him". I AM FUNNYBOT!!!

All talks finished when I activate my bass btw. :lol:

aguacollas

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Lee Sklar.
5ffcae76cfbec232adf5339a30e7368c.jpg

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
LOVE the sklar body shape and s-hole! perfect combo of the star bass and maybe a P-bass shape.
And I like the cheeky inclusion of the "producer switch" even in the specs its says "no function"!

Sean Fairchild

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Real Name
Ex: Wickinseatle
Ha! Awesome. I thought the producer switch was a Nathan East thing, but I could have been crediting it to the wrong dude this whole time.

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
Ha! Awesome. I thought the producer switch was a Nathan East thing, but I could have been crediting it to the wrong dude this whole time.

Lee explains it in an interview he did with his original CS starbass. when a producer asks for a different tone he obviously hits the switch so they think he changed settings and then just adjusts his right hand technique to tweak the tone.

aguacollas

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Lee explains it in an interview he did with his original CS starbass. when a producer asks for a different tone he obviously hits the switch so they think he changed settings and then just adjusts his right hand technique to tweak the tone.

A master. It's all in your hands

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
LOVE the sklar body shape and s-hole! perfect combo of the star bass and maybe a P-bass shape.
And I like the cheeky inclusion of the "producer switch" even in the specs its says "no function"!
So they are charging for something with no fuction?

That´s bloody brilliant!!!!

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
They actually put a producer switch in.... That is hilarious.

Off hand does anyone know of any other production basses that have a switch that does nothing?

Too funny :lol:

Top Bottom