The Warwick & Framus Forum Christmas Photo Contest #5

Florin

OG
Reaction score
535ContestForum.jpg
Dear Forum Brothers,

December is just around the corner, so we need to clean our lenses, wax our Warwicks, and put our funny hats on, because it is the Christmas Photo Contest again!!!

Rules:

* We need a photo of you with your Warwick/ Framus equipment during Christmas time with Christmas elements

* Your Information: Full Name, , City, Country. Age

* Post your entries here on the forum for all the other forum members to see and also send to [email protected]

All entries must be received by JANUARY 3RD, 2013

Prizes:

- First Prize : Framus Vintage Hollywood

- second Prize : W BC 300 Combo
- third Prize : 6 EMP Bas String
- fourth prize : 1 Framus Vintage / Framus History Book
- 5-th to 10th Prize : One Framus or One Warwick T-Shirt

Good luck everybody!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
Wow ... that'z super kewl !

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Great!!

Although, this year will be even harder since it´s open to the Facebook people, too.

Less chat and more pics. :)

Reaction score
Maybe All entries must be received by JANUARY 3RD, 2013 Florin. :D

Reaction score
Wow!

Amazing prizes this year!!! I can't wait to see some entries!

Well done Florin, and thanks Warwick!

:D

Serbian Bassist
Reaction score
It will be great to see contesters :)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Great!!

Although, this year will be even harder since it´s open to the Facebook people, too.

Less chat and more pics. :)
It's open to Facebook people that will register on the forum :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
I posted this comment on the thread started by Garey on Basschat.

Posted Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Do any women who take part have any hope of winning something if they choose not to show their legs (or other assets)? That girl in one of the four photos is half-naked, as opposed to the three fully clothed guys, which makes me slightly uneasy. I'm totally happy to wear very skimpy outfits in the summer or for an evening out and similar, but I think that on this occasion we should all be funny, or good-looking, or awesome, but fully clothed.

I am pleasantly surprised to see that several other Basschatters agree with my view. If the winner of this contest is actually going to be decided by choosing among male bassists acting cool or funny - but fully clothed - and female bassists sitting there showing parts of their body, then I don't want to be in it, despite my own body parts still thankfully being up to appearing in photos.

The Basschat thread can be followed here:

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Silvia,

Woow, I never thought this picture will be considered offensive... I posted it On Facebook, not Garey. It was one of the pictures submitted to the contest, and it actually didn't had any chance to win :)

I wanted to announce the contest on Facebook, and I had to chose a picture, and I thought this was funny...
The winners are usually chosen by Hans Peter Wilfer, Florence Wilfer, and maybe two more, and showing legs in the picture never increased the chances of winning. I think J Grim of portugal won two times, because he had nice photographic skills.

I've noticed some of the comments on the Facebook, and I didn't liked them at all, in fact I answered there...
Comments like that are instantly deleted on the forum, and the used banned...

So Silvia, please accept my apologies, and please do join the contest, because it is not at all about naked legs.
Your forum friend,
Flo

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I posted this comment on the thread started by Garey on Basschat.

I am pleasantly surprised to see that several other Basschatters agree with my view. If the winner of this contest is actually going to be decided by choosing among male bassists acting cool or funny - but fully clothed - and female bassists sitting there showing parts of their body, then I don't want to be in it, despite my own body parts still thankfully being up to appearing in photos.

The Basschat thread can be followed here:

I agree with you, BlueJay, we should keep this contest as a fun and enjoyable thing for EVERYONE. I remember, when I saw this pic for the very first time, thinking that it was kinda sexist. I think we should defend and encourage values of equality and respect for everyone.

Sex sells, we all know this, now let´s try something diferent, fun and smart.

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
Thanks Florin for your reply, and Nacho too.
Sexism cuts both ways - it can be said that, from certain points of view, guys would be at a disadvantage, because it's assumed that the general reaction if one of you decided to pose wearing his boxer shorts and a bass only would be very different from the reaction to the photo of that girl.

Yes, Florin, on behalf of all, or at least many of us female bass players who go to class fully clothed, and practise, and choose not to sleep with our teachers to pass exams, I find that photo patronising and offensive - not for the amount of flesh on show but because you wouldn't have thought of posting a half-naked photo of a man pretending to play bass.

Having said that, I may enter the comp if I can think of a nice shot to take of me with one of my beloved Corvettes.

Thank you all for being part of this debate.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
You are right!
I deleted my post on Facebook
I will change the photo here
And I will ask the design team to change the official Banner.
Thank you very much for your feedback Silvia, you helped me to see it was wrong.

Please accept my apologies!

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
Absolutely fine, Florin, and thank you so much for being so willing to listen.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
If there is something we could say about Flo, it´s that he is always listening. No doubt about it.

Cheers.

Reaction score
I never saw anything wrong with it, although I can see why people would complain if they didn't know the end results last year.

I tried looking through last years photo's and most of them are now missing, bummer. Me and my 5 year old are working out one right now, its hard trying to get a little kid to take a picture framed the way you see it but have no control over haha.

siderocks

Fatass
Reaction score
Was the original post replaced with this? Anyways, very nice prizes! Gotta find a better idea than last year. And, btw, I see myself in the banner :lol:

Florin

OG
Reaction score
What do you mean, this is the original post :)

Top Bottom