New Framus Forum members, say Hello!

Reaction score
Here's a picture of my guitar! Definitely my favourite guitar.

PB101042.ORF.jpg

Reaction score
Hello from the US. My Dad gave me his vintage Framus he picked up in Germany 1969 when he was there for the US Army. This will be my first guitar to learn on and I think it's really cool.

Hope to learn a lot here.

Reaction score
Hello from the US. My Dad gave me his vintage Framus he picked up in Germany 1969 when he was there for the US Army. This will be my first guitar to learn on and I think it's really cool.

Hope to learn a lot here.

Hey ForceofWill--Welcome. Drop in a picture of your Framus if and when you get a chance. Good luck!

Reaction score

Thanks Florin, I'm Enrico, currently living in a beautiful part of Mexico (Lake Chapala).

Reaction score
A Favor: Need to get me hands on the diagram for my Bass as the Middle Tone Control is not working; Have a Corvette $$ NT 5 Ocean Blue, but the guys in NY gave me a 3 way Eq. as a Bonus.

Reaction score
Hi Florin,
just saw the site as I was looking for some help so thought maybe I could get some information on a Framus guitar or two that I own, nice site and very interesting.
Transylvania, very nice place went there to see Bran Castle, Brasov and a few more places when I worked in Bucharest.
Regards
Steve

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Steve, ask away, and we will do our best :) Next time come and visit me @ Sibiu!

Reaction score
Hi all, I am from Cape Town South Africa, draughtsman/mechanic by trade with a love of all vintage and rare instruments out there, I have small collection of old instruments which I love working and playing on including a HiFi Six Framus with 3 pickups which my father bought in the early sixties new. I have started a new thread requesting help on getting more info on it. Unfortunately I am better skilled at working on my instruments than playing them but I love it all the same.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hallo Alle!

I'm Hector, based in Europe. I have a 2008 Framus Renegade Pro (in red.. sadly no photos on this Linux Machine).

I love it!! My favourite Guitar!

Before buying my Framus I had a Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore and a Les Paul Standard (2005). Once I bought the Framus, I sold both, haha!

Reaction score
I'm a newcomer to the forum, having just bought my first Framus.

It's a German Pro Series (Teambuilt) Panthera; just arrived today. Very impressed so far in the short amount of time I've had to play around with it. Pics later (maybe).

One nagging question, though......should I have saved up for a Custom Shop/Masterbuilt instead? Is there really much of a noticeable difference in terms of playability/workmanship between CS and GPS Pantheras?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I'm a newcomer to the forum, having just bought my first Framus.

It's a German Pro Series (Teambuilt) Panthera; just arrived today. Very impressed so far in the short amount of time I've had to play around with it. Pics later (maybe).

One nagging question, though......should I have saved up for a Custom Shop/Masterbuilt instead? Is there really much of a noticeable difference in terms of playability/workmanship between CS and GPS Pantheras?

Hi!

Welcome to the gang!

There should not be a significant difference tonewise and not any difference in the playability. I have only experience with basses, owning a "masterbuilt" one. The basses have minor differences now because of different preamps.

Show us some pics!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Welcome.

No pics=Guitar is only a figment of your imagination.

8:

Reaction score
There should not be a significant difference tonewise and not any difference in the playability.

Would a fair analogy be Gibson USA's Custom Shop line (e.g. Custom/Historic Les Pauls) vs. their core product line (e.g. Les Paul Standard)?

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Would a fair analogy be Gibson USA's Custom Shop line (e.g. Custom/Historic Les Pauls) vs. their core product line (e.g. Les Paul Standard)?

No idea here, I don´t care about Gibson... :p Imo no, because there should be no differences in the quality between teambuilt and masterbuilt. The masterbuilt have some minor specs different. I think it makes only sense to go for a masterbuilt as long as you choose customizing options. This starts with selected woods or different neck profiles and ends with craziest LED driven skull inlays or brandings. ;)

Just check the gallery! http://www.warwick.de/en/Framus---P...asterbuilt--Basic-Guitar-Models--Galerie.html

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I will use an analogy with my fav modern actress, Scarlett Johansson.

Imaging your GPS Panthera is Scarlett using normal clothes because she is going to buy some fruit at the market...
scarlett_johansson.jpg

Then a Custom Shop Panthera would be the same gorgeous girl, but dessed to kill...
b8c9432d6d8b6f88bb1435e3d40cb7aa.jpg

8:

Top Bottom