Talk with James Lomenzo \m/

Florin

OG
Reaction score
So, I have the confirmation. BassMonsterJLo from this topic:

is James Lomenzo :)

He wrote me an email, and he said he couldn't resist chiming in when he say Lewis's enthousiam.

His musical activity is impressive, from White Lion to Slash's Snakepit, Black Label Society, Ozzy Osbourne, David Lee Roth, and of course...

MEGADETH

It is so cool when guys like him come that close to us.

He will actually be here, and reply to our questions :)

How cool is that?

Cheers,

Flo

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
so great to hear that i always appreciated his work with white lion and his playing in general

Reaction score
I guess we welcome him onboard like any Warwick brother and don't scare him off!

But this is cool to see a bass hero taking an interest.

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
I agree, we welcome him aboard as any other member ...

Welcome Bro

and allow him to dictate how much he wants to contribute, both in general and in regards to specific questions directed to and about him. Having a musician of both his talent and fame as a member is a great honor and I would hate to see him get pestered too much and scared off.

so with that in mind we definately need to keep PaperBag away from him .... I can see it now ... PB: "Hey James, do you know Ryan?" hahahaha
sorry PB I couldn't resist...

Reaction score
hahaha I actually admire Mr. Lomenzo's playing a lot also.

I don't only listen to ryan martinie hahaha even though I have
his signature underwear and cologne lines in my room.

Reaction score
Maybe he could do some tutorials or post live clips? Either would be cool! Oh, or maybe you could do an interview? Better yet, all of these! He's a very talented player, who has obviously dedicated much of his life to his craft... I'm sure we all could learn tons from BASSMONSTERJLO!!!!!

Mr Praline

Forum Silly Person
Reaction score
Yeah, it sure is awesome. Welcome indeed.

So what is his main focus now that DE is back with Megadeth?

Reaction score
Yeah, this is pretty cool. I know I'm still a noob around here but I agree with those that say welcome him like another Warwick member.

lasteffect

Forum Nudist
Reaction score
Well, I hope he reads this because I really want to know why he left Megadeth. I mean... I'm glad to see Ellefson playing side by side Mustaine, but I was really digging Mr. LoMenzo in the last two albums.

But anyways, great to hear a famous Warwick User is on the forums! Welcome aboard, Sir! You have an awesome tone!

Reaction score
Welcome James! I am sure you will enjoy it around here mate!

Reaction score
JLo's a member??That's so cool.8:
I thought it was just someone being a dickhead,man,do i feel stoopid now.:x

Reaction score
VERY COOL to have James on here! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

In terms of Florin's question, if he was willing, I'd love to have him pick a couple songs and briefly (or not-so-briefly, whatever his preference) go over just what he was doing in his bassline, how it relates to the song, etc.. That's the kind of stuff I really find fascinating.

Reaction score
Maybe we could ask for some kinda Ransom!
hehehe
Lomenzo is one of these metal guys that can be heard, not just a guitar doubler, one of my main goals when I was in Chakal. Very happy to have him here!

BassMonsterJLo

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Hey Gang, James here!

I just wanted to stop in and thank Florin and you all for such a warm greeting. You know we share 2 things in common, we love bass and we love our Warwicks. I personally feel that my Warwick basses have given me a "voice" over the years. Looking back at my career so far, some of my proudest recorded moments and live shows have been documented on a Dolphin or a Thumb, and most special to me... my Buzzards. I had a great opportunity to use many of Warwicks basses and have found that, like gifted siblings, each one has a different personality and attitude all their own. Some of them are ornery and cantankerous and will not be ignored (Buzzard anyone?). Some, a bit more well behaved and accomplished and some are just indefinably exceptional. All of them have a forward sonic signature that is hard to bury in a mix (one of my favorite features!) and all have an uncanny knack of helping my musical spirit free itself. So, O.K., I'm a big fan of these great instruments... Send me a post if you like and I'll try to reply as often as I'm able.

My best to you all bass brothers and sisters,

James

Top Bottom