No fingerrest on Rockbass Aliens?

Reaction score
I hope Warwick will fix it as soon as possible. You can put no fingerrest on a bass with magnetic PU's, but with all-piezo Alien that most likely results in a barely playable bass.

Reaction score
Anyone tried these yet? I've been wanting an Alien for a long time but the lack the funds. seems as though the rockbass version would be a good option for me! :eek:D

Any ideas of prices in £'s ?

Reaction score
The pricelist on official site was silent about RB Alien a few days ago.

Reaction score
about the finger rest, I recommend resting your thumb on the edge of the fingerboard and play there. That's where I would play tone-wise anyway. Thumb rests are overrated. I always use the strings themselves to prop my thumb anyway. It's called the "Floating Thumb" technique.

Reaction score
The new Rockbass Alien.
It was built in korea previously,now it's being built in China,& the new pro series is coming from Korea.
Is that basically the guts of it?Flo?
@ Trey,
It's always good to have the luxury of being able to position your thumb anywhere,especially on an acoustic.The limited tones the acoustic has,mostly comes from your right hand technique,& where you pluck.So to limit that is like tying one leg up just before an arse kicking contest ;)

Ok,I got it sussed out now.
There's a new RB Alien,2 of them actually,Standard & Deluxe,added to the Korean built Alien line up,which looks to have the thumbrest & a different shape to it's treble side cutaway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Why would the fact that there's no thumb rest and a piezo make it " barely playable?" I, personally, don't like thumb rests on acoustic basses. In fact, very few acoustic basses have thumb rests. It's not difficult to get used to not pressing your thumb against something. And if you can't get used to it, use the strings.

Reaction score
Are you guys sh!tting me? The Aliens were made in Korea, and now everyone's messing their pants about an RB version, but then there's people equally messing the other side of their pants because the Vette STD is being made in Korea.

Methinks some people need to remove the term prima dona from their repertoire, unless they make a million dollars a years plonking the bass.

Reaction score
I always thought Aliens were made in Vietnam.
I always use the strings themselves to prop my thumb anyway. It's called the "Floating Thumb" technique.
That's basically the same technique I use, but it would fail every time I reach the lowest string.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I always thought Aliens were made in Vietnam.

That's basically the same technique I use, but it would fail every time I reach the lowest string.

It takes some practice, for the lowest string I don't put my thumb anywhere. I guess you could always install your own thumb rest?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Me thinks some people need to remove the term prima dona from their repertoire, unless they make a million dollars a years plonking the bass.

I think it is OK and very recommended for a guy to want to have the best gear. Not only that it will help him to be a better player, but it will make him knowh sooner.
When I was a poor Medicine Student, I was eating some very very fat cheap burgers, to make me sick, and to be full for the rest of the day. 1n 1995 I had a Warwick Corvette Proline, which was arount 1800 German Marks. 1800 Marks was the equivalent of... let's say 4500 EUR now...

So I was pretty much starving, but having the best gear possible (trace Elliott Rig too)

I guess the first time you join a pro band ... that band is making a favour to you. Because there are many things you learn only being in a band So you need to have some experience with bands before, so how to get in your first real band?

Well in my case, my "secret" was that I was very serious about this, I was always 2 hour before the rehearsals, and stayed 2 hour after, and very important - I had the best and most wanted bass in my area :)

Image is important, sound is important, gear is important.

A kid playing games will pay more than 1000 EUR for a decent computer.

Reaction score

A-ha! Now I understand why people have 5-string basses - that extra string is just a thumb-rest so they can play all 4 strings! ;)

Reaction score
A-ha! Now I understand why people have 5-string basses - that extra string is just a thumb-rest so they can play all 4 strings! ;)
Indeed, a DIY fingerrest is a cheaper option.

Reaction score
.So to limit that is like tying one leg up just before an arse kicking contest ;).[/B][/I]

lol that is the best phrase I've heard in a long time.

I thought that the Warwick Alien was originally built in Vietnam? Anyways, another quick question about the design of the Alien in general. Obviously the vibrations of the string resonating around the wood and coming out of the sound hole is what you hear (unplugged, of course) so does the Alien's unusual sound hole placement make it a quieter instrument? I know that it's really only designed to be played plugged in, but I'm just curious anyway.

Reaction score
The first Aliens were indeed built in Vietnam & the first Rockbasses were built in Korea,irrc.

Top Bottom