All about discontinued Warwicks

Reaction score
"This model is still available with Standard option through the Custom Shop"

Everybody knows about the discontinued basses being available for order via the CS but how exactly does it work? My main concern of course is the price. If I wish to order an Infinity SN TCS would it cost about as much as it once did when it was still being made? The prices for discontinued basses aren't listed anywhere so I'm curious.
The sentence qouted above says "... with Standard option...", does this mean that while the discontinued models are available they can't be customized?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Does this mean i could order another thumb bolt on with the 93-95 smaller walnut body like this one?

Attachments

• als wick.JPG
    als wick.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 315
Reaction score
It should be listed with the customshop prices.
However it's a lot more expensive than they were. If I remember correctly something about +750€.

MaxOnBass

The Chatbox Troll
Reaction score
as far as I know about custom options, it is true that discontinued models can't be customized (and I was GASing for a Fortress $$)..

as for the price.. tried asking your dealer?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
My main concern of course is the price. If I wish to order an Infinity SN TCS would it cost about as much as it once did when it was still being made? The prices for discontinued basses aren't listed anywhere so I'm curious.
The sentence qouted above says "... with Standard option...", does this mean that while the discontinued models are available they can't be customized?

Thanks.
Hey buddy, it will cost the price of the bass, plus the price for discontinued model, which is not cheap. And yes, it means also that we cannot do CS modifications on those models.
However, the models will be made following the 2009 specs. For example if you order a Fortress Flashback, it will have the Warwick bridge, not the 2TEK one, ovankol neck not wenge, etc.

Does this mean i could order another thumb bolt on with the 93-95 smaller walnut body like this one?

Sorry Doc, we make the thumb BO only as today...

Reaction score
"This model is still available with Standard option through the Custom Shop"

Everybody knows about the discontinued basses being available for order via the CS but how exactly does it work? My main concern of course is the price. If I wish to order an Infinity SN TCS would it cost about as much as it once did when it was still being made? The prices for discontinued basses aren't listed anywhere so I'm curious.

Thanks.

There's two Infinity SN TCS at the Oshawa Long and McQuade for like $1500 CDN each, if you're THAT interested in one.

Reaction score

Hey buddy, it will cost the price of the bass, plus the price for discontinued model, which is not cheap. And yes, it means also that we cannot do CS modifications on those models.
However, the models will be made following the 2009 specs. For example if you order a Fortress Flashback, it will have the Warwick bridge, not the 2TEK one, ovankol neck not wenge, etc.

Sorry Doc, we make the thumb BO only as today...

Damn!!
I was about to order a 5 & another 6 string & my friend was hoping to order a 5 string too :(

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers, I was really interested in getting a CS Infinity SN TCS because I love the shape but dislike the NT's semi-acoustic touch and the price. Is there any particular reason why the discontinued models aren't up for a CS treatment? Come on, it would look tempting in spalted maple!

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers, I was really interested in getting a CS Infinity SN TCS because I love the shape but dislike the NT's semi-acoustic touch and the price. Is there any particular reason why the discontinued models aren't up for a CS treatment? Come on, it would look tempting in spalted maple!

I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere.
btw,it's good to see you back with us Micheal.It's been far too long mate.

Reaction score
How flattering, people actually remember me ;). I've been quite busy for far too long and have just recently gotten around to playing bass again and I don't own a Warwick at the moment, just a CCL amp. Thanks for the warm welcome-back!

Florin

OG
Reaction score
How not to remember you... Welcome back, buddy :)

Top Bottom