=The P-Nut Club=

Col

Reaction score
image.jpg

No doubt you know the bass. Its number 44

But heres a reminder

Apologies for the boasting but its not often a bass has quite this effect;):twisted::D

Reaction score
I loved the Hellborg pre, but, I couldn't justify keeping it. It's an expensive pre and I rarely used it. I sold it for more than I paid for it.

No thread on what I didn't like about the P-Nut III, other than it was really quiet in the higher notes, like up on the G string. I tried strings, setup, pickup height, etc. Came to the conclusion that it was just a characteristic of that bass.

I still have the SSII and I love it. I'll never sell it :D

I'm using a Mesa M9.

Ah, there's no level for me my friend! I'm really not playing many shows now because of work. It pays too well for me to quit and persue music full time. I'll probably pick up some weekend gigs here and there. That's about it.

I'm glad you love your setup! I still have my Big Cab for sale. I'd like to just sell it and get a Club Cab, because that's where all the Hi Fi sound comes from. Couple that with a 4x10 or 2x12 and you're set.
Oh, I see and totally agree on the low g string output. Reminds me of my old NT5. I had to raise that side a bit higher than normal to compensate. My former SS2 had active pups and tremendous output on every string. I just couldn't do the fat neck anymore.
The HB rig will stay with me until it breaks down. I would end up spending the same on any new quality rig anyway. Glad I got it really cheap. The Mesa M9 is a beast! I prefer it over the M6 after testing both with Mesa cabs at GC out here. I'm only gigging about once a week, so, it's not too much trouble to haul it around.
I know we all wish we could've kept all of our former Warwicks but:(. The only one I'm still interested in is a SS1 5 or LX-5 because of the wide spacing. the most important thing is that you have a nice bass to play whenever you can and you have the luxury of choosing gigs around real life.

Reaction score
If you were closer, I'd swap you my CC for your BC and pay the difference. Shipping costs could be an issue though.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Oh, I see and totally agree on the low g string output. Reminds me of my old NT5. I had to raise that side a bit higher than normal to compensate. My former SS2 had active pups and tremendous output on every string. I just couldn't do the fat neck anymore.
The HB rig will stay with me until it breaks down. I would end up spending the same on any new quality rig anyway. Glad I got it really cheap. The Mesa M9 is a beast! I prefer it over the M6 after testing both with Mesa cabs at GC out here. I'm only gigging about once a week, so, it's not too much trouble to haul it around.
I know we all wish we could've kept all of our former Warwicks but:(. The only one I'm still interested in is a SS1 5 or LX-5 because of the wide spacing. the most important thing is that you have a nice bass to play whenever you can and you have the luxury of choosing gigs around real life.

My SSII is a 2000 model and has a very thin neck. It feels great. It is always my go-to!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Here we go again!

[video=youtube;s8MDNFaGfT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MDNFaGfT4[/video]

Reaction score
[video=youtube;GgGz1nnmwmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgGz1nnmwmw&list=PLcxtgr3A8qgahagAK-aUhLuxa-mR1qXYu[/video]

Reaction score
Gig flick from last week. Club cab alone is fantastic! I need another one.
20140117_213222.jpg 1412452_10202077417791562_858578712_o.jpg

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
I don't know where else to post this. I just scored a Club Cab for $550 shipped.. it has some cosmetic damage but nothing major. Since this is where the HiFi sound comes from in my Big Cab (which never leaves the house due to being cumbersome/heavy), I can couple it with a regular old 2x10 or 2x12 and get Big Cab sound without the trouble..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
That makes sense. My post should have said "Lo Cab alone is fantastic". That's the 3rd time I've used the LC alone and was again impressed. My situation requires more punch than dynamics and with pa support, the LC makes a great stand alone imho.

Reaction score
That makes sense. My post should have said "Lo Cab alone is fantastic". That's the 3rd time I've used the LC alone and was again impressed. My situation requires more punch than dynamics and with pa support, the LC makes a great stand alone imho.

Cool I should try it I have only used my low cab three times as I only use it with a full stack with the club up top and not too many venues require that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
I hear a lot of flubbing from the sub in my Big Cab (Low Cab woofer) with the volume up on the B string.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
I will check those soon, assuming I can get my arm deep enough inside the cab..

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Can i ask why arent you getting on with it? String spacing?

The string spacing is fine.. it's the same as my SSII and any other 5 string Warwick that's not a broadneck.

It completely lacked any balls up high. No matter what I did on the G string, it was about 2/3 the volume of the rest of the strings. I adjusted the setup, tried different strings, neck relief, raising/lowering the string and pickups.

I came to the conclusion one of the following were true:
-This particular combination of woods doesn't care for the vibration of the G string
-This particular bass didn't like the vibration of a G string (I was never able to try another P-Nut III so I had no way of knowing)
-There was a problem with the electronics (i doubted this because it didn't matter if it were on the front or rear pickup)

I didn't care to investigate further, so I got rid of it.

Top Bottom