=The Warwick Fortress Club=

Reaction score
Real Name
Cliff Hairston
Here I agree to Nacho :) I mean I love Fenders, but saying you are upgrading from Warwick to Fender, is like upgrading from BMW to Ford :)

Alright Flo. Dems fightin words!!!!!! ;-) I would say moving from a BMW to anything would be an upgrade :)

lasteffect

Forum Nudist
Reaction score
Just don't say that to my father, he hates Fords, lol! He's a Chevy man, which means Chevy = Gibson? LOL.

I think comparing cars to basses are silly. Except, a Steinberger is a DeLorean. Why? It looks cool in private, but you wouldn't be cought dead in public with it.

Reaction score
hi im new to the forum i own a 1994 fortress one honey flamed maple very sweet bass , i also own a tobias growler ,a jim reed ,and a gary willis ibanez , soon i will post some pics , specially of my wwick

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
Why the Fender bashing? They have great sounds that work great for everything.

everything? That is a stretch. I know bands use Fenders for heavier metal type music, but it sounds like ♣♣♣♣e. Much better brands out there for metal......like Warwick!

Reaction score
IMO fender and fender style basses are boring , it`s always more of thre same thing ,not big deal , people always goes to the shure spot and think that a fender covers all the styles they need ,instead of trying other brands . I NEVER TRIED A FENDER THAT SOUNDS AS MY W DOES ...

Reaction score
Hello,

Just registered to say how happy I am to have bought a Fortress One '93 - it looks like a brand new one :
_DSC7319.jpg _DSC7324.jpg _DSC7325.jpg _DSC7332.jpg
Sounds great, looks great, I'm pretty sure I'll have fun with it for many years to come :d

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, snail! That Fortress looks absolutely amazing! Keep us posted, and thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
So I got my Fortress Materman in the mail today. Took it out and assembled it. Cleaned the neck and took the sticker dots off. Lightly sanded the neck with 600 grit. Waxed the neck and bolted the body on. Strung it up and it was near perfect. Adjusted an intonation screw lower the d g part of the bridge and adjust the truss and it's PERFECT!

This bass has the best slap tone I may have ever heard. I though my FNA was a monster but this is more crisp with no crackle. It has a very nice balanced warm tone when set everything in middle. I forgot how good 3 piece Wenge bolt on necks were. In my opinion the most comfortable neck in the world.

Can you tell I like this bass?

Ali

Reaction score
Beautiful! :)))) Looks like you got yourself a lovely bass there. The Fortress is one of my favorites.

Reaction score
I love the fortress shape! This master man has tone for days! So versatile it's incredible. Ita like a mix between my proline and an fna. Pickup position of an fna with a twin jazz and a flamed maple body. It just sings!!

Reaction score
a clip of me playing on my masterman. Short and nasty and Seinfeldy. Its with balance knob in the middle and about 70% treble and 75% bass on both. So many tones to be had with this bad boy.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
edit: oops

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Haha thanks guys! Just a rough go but a super cool tone. Loving this bass. Thinking of going brass jan 1 on it.

Top Bottom